By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game pressured you into buying a console?

nes - Mario Bros

genisis - Sonic

Snes - Super mario world

N64 - Starfox

PS1- FF7

PC- Half-life + mods

PS2-Dark Cloud

360 - Halo3

PS3 - Uncharted 2

PS4 -  Destiny Beta + TLoU:R

Around the Network

atari 2600 - pac man
colecovision - smurf
atari lynx - california games
atari st - test drive
ps1 - wipeout and ridge racer
gc - resident evil 4
xbox 360 - gta 4

NES: Super Mario Bros

SNES: Super Mario World

Genesis: Sonic 2

Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Melee

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

Wii U: NSMBU and Scriblenauts Unlimited (bought at launch)

DS: SM64 DS

GBA:  Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

GBC: Pokemon Gold

3DS: 3D land

Purchased all of these consoles

Back in the old days I bought a NES to play TEENAGE NINJA TURTLES 3, I used to love that game, but I actually want a console for all the games, not a particular one.

SNES: I really wanted to play Super Mario World, that game even smelled good for me as a kid, weird, but it did, the game had a smell...

PSone: Silent Hill and resident Evil. These games made me go back to gaming after a 2 years hiatus.

PS2: silent hill 2 and 3, I had to have another fix of horror =D

Xbox 360: Fallout 3 for sure, it was awesome.

PS3: Uncharteds and MGS4, it was too much to resist.

PSP: Silent Hill origins, but I never liked handhelds that much.

PSVita: Uncharted Golden something, not really worth it =/

3DS: Super Mario 3d land: not really worth it =/

I did bought a XBOX ONE to play Dead Rising 3 and, man, for now, it is the only exclusive that I would really consider a must have, it is amazing, it has a b-movie feel to it, like a cult cool horror classic, like Return of the Living Dead or something like that.
I bought, in other hand, the PS4 for the system, not for any game in particular, but it does have some cool games: Killzone, Infamous, Watch Dogs, Dont Starve, Lego Marvel, Outlast, Stick to the man...
However, I still want to buy a WiiU to play zombiU, it would be soooooo cool if they release it for PS4, it would save me a lot of money.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Socom II for ps2

Around the Network

PS Vita - Persona 4 Golden
3DS - Etrian Odyssey 4
PS4 - ???

I can't remember anything else lol

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

I've always been a nintendo fan and always bought their consoles, but the Wii U was the first time I needed to be convinced to buy a nintendo console and Mario Kart 8 convinced me to buy it. For other systems, soul reaver 2 convinced me to buy a ps2, I loved soul reaver on the ps1 and had to play the next game. The wii's lack of 3rd party support convinced me to buy the ps3 (had the previous sony consoles thus chose it over the 360). Gears of War and Halo convinced me to buy a 360.

WagnerPaiva said:

Back in the old days I bought a NES to play TEENAGE NINJA TURTLES 3, I used to love that game, but I actually want a console for all the games, not a particular one.

SNES: I really wanted to play Super Mario World, that game even smelled good for me as a kid, weird, but it did, the game had a smell...

PSone: Silent Hill and resident Evil. These games made me go back to gaming after a 2 years hiatus.

PS2: silent hill 2 and 3, I had to have another fix of horror =D

Xbox 360: Fallout 3 for sure, it was awesome.

PS3: Uncharteds and MGS4, it was too much to resist.

PSP: Silent Hill origins, but I never liked handhelds that much.

PSVita: Uncharted Golden something, not really worth it =/

3DS: Super Mario 3d land: not really worth it =/

I did bought a XBOX ONE to play Dead Rising 3 and, man, for now, it is the only exclusive that I would really consider a must have, it is amazing, it has a b-movie feel to it, like a cult cool horror classic, like Return of the Living Dead or something like that.
I bought, in other hand, the PS4 for the system, not for any game in particular, but it does have some cool games: Killzone, Infamous, Watch Dogs, Dont Starve, Lego Marvel, Outlast, Stick to the man...
However, I still want to buy a WiiU to play zombiU, it would be soooooo cool if they release it for PS4, it would save me a lot of money.

ZombiU is designed around  the gamepad, so it would be impossible to be ported to the PS4

Xbox 360 - Gears of War
PS3 - God of War III

SNES : super mario world, a link to the past, chrono trigger

PS1: Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9.

PS2 : Final fantasy 10, shin megami tensei, kingdom hearts, etc.. ( too many )

Ps3 : the last of us, demon's souls, ni no kuni.

Wii u : xenoblade ( wii emulation ), mario kart 8, donkey kong. I never had a wii, i didn't think it was worth it.

Gameboy : pokemon, link's awakening.

Ds : phoenix wright, devil survivor

3ds : fire emblem awakening, pokemon, bravely default

Always worth it except for the ds.. really not enought interesting games..