By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion Thread: Overrated RPGs?

Fire Emblem Series
Breath of Fire Series
Final Fantasy VI (it is good, but in the same era at least 3 RPGs were better / more fun imo)

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Elder Scrolls V (Same problems as Oblivion, but released when the market was saturated)

Fable 2+

Final Fantasy VII - Great game, but it shouldn't be the crown jewel of 90's RPG's. It's great, but not exceptional, other FF's are better (like 2)

Fire Emblem (GCN/Wii) - crap plot, weak graphics.

Jeanne d'Arc - Not accurate at all. Jeanne fucking lives at the end!

Kingdom Hearts

Shin Megami Tensei - Just hate dungeon crawlers and the social aspect feels shallow.

Tales of ___ - not enough variation between games, but Symphonia/Vesperia are great

-----

Gotta say I disagree with a lot of other peoples choices. XenoBlade, Mass Effect and others are amazing.

I agree the home console Fire Emblems and the various Tales games arent that incredible but I dont think they are over rated because they were only moderately received.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

FF7 (played it recently for the first time so I had no nostalgia for it)
Earthbound (am currently playing but it feels a little flat)
Kingdom Hearts
Fable
FF X/X-2
FF12
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Rogue Galaxy
Radiant Historia

Maraccuda said:
Kingdom Hearts
Fable
FF X/X-2
FF12
Rogue Galaxy
Radiant Historia

I could say the same about the bold too, not over-rated because only moderately well recieved.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Maraccuda said:
Kingdom Hearts
Fable
FF X/X-2
FF12
Rogue Galaxy
Radiant Historia

I could say the same about the bold too, not over-rated because only moderately well recieved.

True, but where ever I go I hear nothing  but praises for those games, and have Meta scores of 80+

Blasted internet!

Around the Network

Skyrim was a dragon slaying action game. It was not really a true RPG unlike previous Elder Scroll games.
Mass Effect series especially 2 and 3: it became more a wannabe third person shooter than an RPG.

Maraccuda said:
Michael-5 said:
Maraccuda said:
Kingdom Hearts
Fable
FF X/X-2
FF12
Rogue Galaxy
Radiant Historia

True, but where ever I go I hear nothing  but praises for those games, and have Meta scores of 80+

Blasted internet!

You hear nothing but praises for FF XII and X-2? I've heard much of the opposite and IMO the last good FF game was FFX.

Radiant Historia is a pretty good game though, not amazing, but worth a playthrough.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
Maraccuda said:

Blasted internet!

You hear nothing but praises for FF XII and X-2? I've heard much of the opposite and IMO the last good FF game was FFX.

Radiant Historia is a pretty good game though, not amazing, but worth a playthrough.

Well definitely all the gamers I knew in highschool were huge fans of the FF series, but yeah they liked FFX-2 the least.

I played Radiant Historia for the first time recently. Was decent but the first dozen or so hours was a slog.

FF7

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Maraccuda said:

Well definitely all the gamers I knew in highschool were huge fans of the FF series, but yeah they liked FFX-2 the least.

I played Radiant Historia for the first time recently. Was decent but the first dozen or so hours was a slog.

Radiant Historia gets a lot better after the mid-way point.