By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii U hit 7m?

When?

End of July :/ 14 4.64%

August 170 56.29%

September 74 24.50%

October 19 6.29%

November 7 2.32%

December 18 5.96%

Total:302

(something went wrong,so i deleted the post!)

Around the Network
Seece said:
tak13 said:

200k...from where?the npd resulst you gave me shows 90K ovetracking,the other 110k?let me remind you that it was undertracked by 65k units in Germany,did you expect that?

I don't care about NPD, Germany ect, When are you gonna get it's pointless talking about those sales when you don't have the full picture?

I look purely at shipments, and end of June we have something like 100k on shelves which is ridiculous for a console supposudly selling 50k a week.

as of june 30th 6.68m...the next quarter is july,august,september!vgchartz hanst given us the last week of august,but it will be 54k i think ,so 7.154k wii u!is it impossible ninty to shipped 536k + the73κ which  remained on shelves for july-aug,so 7.29m!i ll keep doubting the overtracking,just like you consider impossible to be on spot taking into account shipments,i consider impossible not to be  on spot!different point of view!how many they should remain,you mean more....based on what?the fact that they remained a few on shelves doesnt startle me...!

(double post,i have informed that i m facing a problem)

Early/Mid October. By the end of September, I think Nintendo won't even be passed 7.2 million units shipped to retailers, and probably have close to 200-300k in retailers at all times. Looking at VGC data, no way is there an 80k difference between shipped and retailers.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

It would be a logistical nightmare if Nintendo only had 20k in the world besides japan. You would see severe supply constrain for months if that were the case. We got no reports of that. Also, you would see Nintendo's sales numbers being hit hard. Like only 20k a week WW because it would ridiculously hard to find one.

We know Japan had about 60k in channels. Using their population compared to stock you'd expect to see about 200k in Na (Canada and Us) alone. And that makes perfect sense. Every retailer is well supplied. That's what you see. But what you don't see is so is their warehouses in the back. You also don't see their distribution center that sends dozens of stores their supply. They need to be well stocked. And freighters in the ocean would have a steady flow. If any of these are messed up then guess what. Logistical nightmares. It's overtracked by at least 300k (last quarter alone)probably more like 400k at this point. Japan has 8 weeks of supply. Which makes sense. At 50k a week WW, that would place it at about 400k on shelves. Which makes sense.

Around the Network
logisticalnightmare said:
It would be a logistical nightmare if Nintendo only had 20k in the world besides japan. You would see severe supply constrain for months if that were the case. We got no reports of that. Also, you would see Nintendo's sales numbers being hit hard. Like only 20k a week WW because it would ridiculously hard to find one.

We know Japan had about 60k in channels. Using their population compared to stock you'd expect to see about 200k in Na (Canada and Us) alone. And that makes perfect sense. Every retailer is well supplied. That's what you see. But what you don't see is so is their warehouses in the back. You also don't see their distribution center that sends dozens of stores their supply. They need to be well stocked. And freighters in the ocean would have a steady flow. If any of these are messed up then guess what. Logistical nightmares. It's overtracked by at least 300k (last quarter alone)probably more like 400k at this point. Japan has 8 weeks of supply. Which makes sense. At 50k a week WW, that would place it at about 400k on shelves. Which makes sense.

Wake up!new quarter new shipments...

november

tak13 said:
logisticalnightmare said:

Wake up!new quarter new shipments...

Don't tell me to wake up. Just because it's a new quarter doesn't make last quarters numbers infallible. The adjustments will all need to be made from end of June and earlier. Seriously, if you have such little grasp on ship vs sales concept then you should refrain from joining the conversation. 

its all ready at 7m :D

-waits to be bombarded by ''omgz overtracked'' comments-

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
its all ready at 7m :D

-waits to be bombarded by ''omgz overtracked'' comments-

So you're baiting people? In before posts, baiting and trying to rile others up is bannable here.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan