By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Satya Nadella Just Made The Single Best (And Most Obvious) Decision For Microsoft Windows

Sounds good. Hardly anyone liked Windows 8 so I hope they improve and fix all the mistakes they made with that OS.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

This sounds really promising. Don't screw this up, Nadella. To those saying this would mean a laptop OS based on touch screen interface that would be as terrible as Windows 8, I say, not necessarily. They wouldn't just have to make an OS that works for all screen sizes, but also all interfaces, and all devices. If they can manage that, it'll be fantastic. If they just make a tablet/mobile OS that can resize to work on a laptop, I'm fucking done with Microsoft forever.

Nintendo is doing this as well with their next platforms, although of course it's not on the scale of Windows, similar implementation though.

Am sure it will turn out good. They just have a tendency of messing up with every alternative iteration. Windows 7 has simply been great.

So now it will be even MORE tailored to touch screens? I didn't think I could be counted any more out than I was with 8, but consider me counted out even further. I can't be more counted out.

I need to start buying up all the copies of Windows 7 I can find so I can sell them later. Either that or invest in other companies...

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

It'll still be bad unless they fix the UI.

LOL. Best decision? Jack of all trades, master of none.

I'll wait and see. I haven't used the win 8 tile UI since I got it, nor any of the apps. I set everything to use the old style desktop apps. So if they can figure out how to keep my experience the same without having that ugly tile screen pop up when I accidentally hit the windows button without the x, then great news.

Its nice to see microsoft with some executives that are actually trying to do something about the direction the company going...

I guess I'm one of the strange people that actually liked the Start Screen, and am unhappy to see the Start Menu rear its old & clunky head again >_>