By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming - EA delays Battlefield: Hardline and Dragon Age: Inquisition

bananaking21 said:
Teeqoz said:
bananaking21 said:


no. this is the first and last time BF will be annualized. next year its battlefront. then TitanFall 2, then BF5 and it will continue with each having a 3 year dev cycle. 


I don't think EA will release Titanfall 2 as their 2016 shooter, given that EA does not own Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment does.

they own publishing right. they already agreed on a new deal. and they already said they will have a 3 year rotation system. Battlefront next year and TitanFall the year after. 

Oh. That must have passed me, didn't know they already agreed on TF2, sorry! Also, is it TitanFall or Titanfall?



Around the Network

But what could be the reason? Surely EA wouldn't be concerned with working out any possible bugs before release?



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

poklane said:
EA delaying a BF game? This must be the start of the gaming apocalypse.


Probably it would be more broken than BF4. So they delayed to a point where it will just be as buggy as BF4 and will pass their QA.



Won't that mean they basically have nothing for the year aside from their sports games and the already-released Titanfall?



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Won't that mean they basically have nothing for the year aside from their sports games and the already-released Titanfall?

Well it does say Dragon Age is releasing on November 18, so that's something other than sports games and Titanfall.



Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
But what could be the reason? Surely EA wouldn't be concerned with working out any possible bugs before release?

Given the backlash with BF4 (and 3) that may actually be the case, but in all seriousness, they are conceding the holiday season to Activision. 



why EA? you can always patch the bugs up later on like you always do



    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Fake thread. EA does not delay games



Wow, that's actually good news. Now hopefully Battlefield won't be a broken game. And Q1 2015 is getting some good games.



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Dragon age is still this year, so yay!

Don't care about BF. But seems like a pretty good idea not to go head to head with CoD for a not fully fledged BF game. And Q1 release means it might scratch a fps itch with some people looking to take a break from CoD and Destiny, if only for a short while.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix