By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wii U beating Xbox One even after price drop! What happened to the 360 fans?

Microsoft lacks a clear vision for their console. They don't know how to market it themselves. They had something in mind, but we all know how that turned out. Right now, the X1 became PS4 with less power for the same price. PS4 has better multiplats and apart from Halo, the first party titles are also more popular. Sure, that's a question of taste, but PS exclusives are usually more critically acclaimed and have pretty large fanbases.

So, in the end, it comes down to this: Microsoft screwed up big time.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

About a month ago I made a post listing something around 10-15 reasons the Wii U had more to look forward to than the Xbox One did. Of course I got blasted for it because it wasn't the obvious answer and a lot of it was speculation/argumentative, but the list was pretty solid.

The Xbox really only has one big thing going for it, it's an american company. Thus why it does even better than the PS4 in the the US.

Just wanted to say basically that this isn't coming out of left field, this was straight down the middle. Of course it will still have an audience in America, and Microsoft will still shovel money into third party exclusives like they always do, but I'm fairly certain that this is Microsoft's last generation. They are the last of the big three I would invest money into.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Price is a big issue with loyalty. See PS3.

Wii U beating out Xbox One... So happy for Nintendo!!

Around the Network

I felt pretty burned after last year's E3. By then I had already developed more interest in PC gaming and returning to a Nintendo console.

Farsala said:
Price is a big issue with loyalty. See PS3.

i think what saved ps3 was loyalty. and the lack of internet of course

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Buying a system for "brand loyalty" is stupid

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Ouch!!Very harsh words Xbox Fans that Xbox 360 is junk....And seriously Wii U seriously in Death Row?I mean it's Alive and well getting better now every week because of MK8.Please don't call 360 a junk because consoles are made to make us happy.Yeah i would say because of it's launch problems,very confusing name and the last is Developers need to improve it more because i think they throw the Xbox1 too fast that they forgot the ptoblems.

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Another 'create a thread bashing xbox and never post in the thread again' thread.