By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One: A Lying Failure Machine

soulfly666 said:
IkePoR said:
soulfly666 said:
If you get a car or car part recall letter it doesn't have an apology in it.

It absolutely, without a dobut, will certainly have an extended apology.  This is apples and oranges though: a recalled car means the company could have endangered your entire family with a faulty product.  Not so with any gaming machine.

This is plain old wrong and proves the point that when you make a mistake, admit to it and apologize.

Google image search it if you don't believe it.  I have gotten 2 in the past and they had zero apology whatsoever.

Fair enough, nothing on the letters.  However, for every one I researched (Toyota, Ford and GM), they addressed the media with "deepest regrets" and "sincerest apologies".

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/06/04/gm-apologizes-for-recall-letters-to-victims-families/

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
Machiavellian said:

The difference with me is that I do not form any emotional attachment to any corporation.  I give praise where I see it and I have given plenty to Sony because they have made the most improvement coming back from Hubris.  

"It is all a matter of cold calculation."

The whole point of all of this is that MS gave everyone the finger and told them to "deal with it".  Everyone instead gave it right back to them and MS went "Oh, we can't get away with that? Okay."

They should feel like idiots and apologize as the only reason they didn't shaft their entire fanbase was because of immesuarble backlash.

I guess this is where my opinion differs.  I did not think MS gave everyone the finger and said deal with it.  I actually listed why I thought their plan had merits but it was flawed.  The biggest piece was the DRM which was totally mis-conmunicated and fraught with to many issues to gain traction.  MS wanted steam on consoles but as always they totally misunderstood the market and the customers.  Their plan was totally incomplete and did not offer central point of information for the benefits of having a almost digital console.  Just asking this question but isn't what MS tried to do is basically what a Steambox is being advertise now.

It will be interesting when the steamboxes come out and if people will have a problem with digital only purchases that do not allow you to trade or sale your games (Once opened).  Well its the same thing today on PCs but not on a console type format.

I would have been perfectly fine with the original Xbox One but I know many others would not have.

I just wanted the ability to buy the disc, have it for later, and play without it. They are trying to bring this back and they must!

But they should have known people who get consoles are not the same as people who game on PC. Many don't even connect the device.

MS does not need a formal apology . Actions speak louder than words and they are doing great right now.

It just saddens me that Mattrick is making millions a year at Zynga.

Gotta love Jim Sterling. It's so nice to see a journalist who doesn't hold back and truly states what is on many peoples minds.

Great video as always. There is a reason I make sure my adblocker does not work on that site.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BMaker11 said:
sales2099 said:
Don't know how hard it is for some people to recognize the console, as it stands now, is a great machine and is only improving further. Most of the issues of E3 2013 didn't even make it to the final product.

I can't see the video, but I have an idea. I mean some people........just get over it. The people won and made a difference. Just seems like another kicking-while-down tactic meant to bolster "the competition", hence the click bait title.

Read the thread. Nobody in here (that agrees with the video) is disagreeing with this. Sterling (guy in the video) isn't even disagreeing with this.

What they're taking issue is that MS hiding behind the guise of "choice" and "listening to the consumer" when in actuality, it was capitulation to the circumstances. They're not owning up to their mistakes. They're not saying "we screwed up", they're saying "we're giving you options now".

You better believe that if the XBone was at 8.6M and PS4 was at 4.9M, Kinect would still be bundled, despite it obviously not "being integral to Xbox One" like the motherboard, chips, ram, power cable, etc. are, as MS claimed. "If it sold that much, people 'want' Kinect", sounds like a good potential rebuttal, but that would mean that MS doesn't care about "giving consumers options" when the machine obviously works without the peripheral, but still force a bundle.

Exactly. If you want to brag about listening to the consumers, do it when you have listened to them the first time, not the hundredth or thousandth.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Machiavellian said:

Well I guess that’s an answer.  I do have to say I consider it more like you do not have a real solid opinion so turn it on me.  I asked a question and gave my reason why I thought it was a smart move for MS to drop Xbox Entertainment since their new focus under Phil is games and gaining back the core gamers.

Not sure who post you have seen but I have said plenty of times what i believe MS mistakes were, bad policy, miscommunication, bad planning, way to corporate, missed opportunities, not keep the mantra of developers first, getting totally outclassed by Sony and a host of others.  Just because I do not view everything they have done as bad does not mean I do not acknowledge their issues.  The difference with me is that I do not form any emotional attachment to any corporation.  I give praise where I see it and I have given plenty to Sony because they have made the most improvement coming back from Hubris.  

With that said, I believe MS has also come back from their hubris.  Not completely but I see a totally different strategy and refocus on what will make the X1 a success.

Ok but like the video said, no one is saying these moves arent for the better for the gamer, its saying MS should apologise even if it is to a very tiny minority that did buy the console for all the TV TV TV stuff. Because the promises of that stuff is getting stripped out.

Like it or not the X1 was built on lies. But yes thankfully from a gamer perspective it is better than all that shit has been stripped out or made optional.

They said removing DRM was impossible, it wasnt

They said removing Kinect was impossible, it wasnt

This is where I differ in opinion.  You only apoligize if you were at fault.  MS was not at fault about what they wanted to do instead they were at fault at how they communicated their plan because it was not finished.

Maybe I just have a different opinion on what a lie is.  A lie would mean that MS told you they wanted to sell a digital console but in reality they really wanted to sell you a 360 with upgraded hardware.  This would be a lie if you bought the X1 on the assumption that it was a digital console but got a 360 based console instead.  Instead MS wanted to sell you a digital console but console gamers told MS they wanted is exactly how the 360 is today but with better hardware.  MS changed the system to reflect what the market wanted and released a 360 based console, removing a lot of the digital only features.  Not sure how thats lying but could you elaborate on your definition.

@ BOLDED:  This is why corporations need to make sure there is one cental place for such comminication.  When Larry Hurb (AK Major Nelson) made that comment, you knew he was going to get torched for it.  The reason why is because as we see today, one person not even the director of the Xbox division but just a marketing face made a comment which probably was done as a knee jerk reaction before checking in with the boss, is considered as a lie from MS.  

People get themselves into trouble like this all the time.  When Larry was interviewed by Anry Joe and he made the statements concerning the 24 hour check in and Kinect integration he really did not know the answer but he chose to answer the question.  It then becamed the Lie from MS when they did decide to change gears.  I believe this was a hard lesson for MS to learn because such interviews get posted on the net and discussed on just about every forum you can name.  If anything maybe Larry should apologize for making statements before he actually check in with the boss to see if they are correct.

daredevil.shark said:
Fusioncode said:
daredevil.shark said:
Before bashing Xbox One for graphics people should remember PS3's 1080p promise and Motorstorm and Killzone CGI graphics.

Video had nothing to do with graphics. 

Yeah. I am writing and stearming. Couldnt finish it before writing comment.

probably shouldnt have done it then

oniyide said:
daredevil.shark said:

Yeah. I am writing and stearming. Couldnt finish it before writing comment.

probably shouldnt have done it then

But my comment still holds. Dual 1080p native resolution output for PS3. CGI graphics. Lol. Sony lied big time. Sony did the biggest false marketing in the history of gaming. Compared to PS3; Xbox One seems a small pinkie lie.

Did he say anything about Microsoft pushing more AAA games in a year than any other consoles on the market?

tinfamous12 said:
Did he say anything about Microsoft pushing more AAA games in a year than any other consoles on the market?

MS is currently on track to put out more exclusives than Sony in its first year.

MS said 15 exclusives in the first year.

Sony promised 20 first party IPs in the ps4s first year of life and 12 of them would be new IPs.  I think Sony missed the mark.