By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Still Think Wii U Can Do 25 million??

daredevil.shark said:
Nintentacle said:
daredevil.shark said:

The recent incread sales wont last. Mariokart 8 effect wont last long. Plus compared to mariokart wii's 35 million copies wii u's number is extremely disappointing. In no time sales will do down. And competition will go fierece for nintendo.

You can't just compare Mario Kart Wii's sales to Mario Kart 8's, and calling Mario Kart 8's sales dissapointing. That's like comparing Wii's sales to SNES, and calling SNES a failure becuase Wii did a lot better.

You have no way of knowing if Wii U's sales will drop off, in fact, It's actually increased a little bit in the past few weeks. You have no evidence to support your claim that Wii U will drop off, you just say it will.

You also don't have any evidence that the competition will be fierce for Nintendo. Wii U is currently outselling Xbox One, and as for the PS4, that case is similar to the past 2 generations (One winning, the other two competing for 2nd place)

I dont have the mood to compile all pre order info and past data to make my clain worthwhile. But I will stick to my points. See ya when Destiny PS4 bundle starts hitting the shelves.

What kind of impact is that going to have on Xbox One?

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
daredevil.shark said:

I dont have the mood to compile all pre order info and past data to make my clain worthwhile. But I will stick to my points. See ya when Destiny PS4 bundle starts hitting the shelves.

Destiny will help Xbox One also. But not as much as Destiny in PS4. Plus holiday 2014 is packed with lots of games for both PS4 and Xbox One. I cant recall any Wii U game game except captain toad treasure tracker and watch dogs. Wii U might face its worst holiday this year.

Yea appeal to casuals is right, a lot of those aren't strictly first party and some I wouldn't even consider worthwhile (wii series for one). we were talking about first party by the way :).

phaedruss said:
Nintentacle said:

You also don't have any evidence that the competition will be fierce for Nintendo. Wii U is currently outselling Xbox One, and as for the PS4, that case is similar to the past 2 generations (One winning, the other two competing for 2nd place)

Just look at the releases for all three consoles for the next 5 months....

The only thing I can really respond to this is a bet.

If Wii U stays above 45k for the rest of the year with VGChartz numbers, I win.

padib said:
phaedruss said:
I don't get how the wii u is getting better first party support. The Wii U will only have one zelda title, MAYBE one metroid game if we're lucky and the wii u got a pikmin game that was supposed to be a wii game.

We're only 2 years in. Here are the 1st party (or published by Nintendo) games we have so far:

- NSMBU/NSLU
- SM3DW
- Art Academy (partially released)
- W101
- Pikmin 3
- WWHD
- MK8
- Lego City Stories
- DKCR 2
- DQX (Japan)
- Game and Wario
- Wii Series of games (NintendoLand, Wii Play U, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Resort)

3rd party Exclusives:
- ZombiU
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- MH3 Ultimate
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Sonic Boom (upcoming)
- Mario & Sonic
- Digital-style retail releases (Bit Trip, Angry Birds)
- Digital Exclusives (Shovel Night, Shantae - upcoming, Nano assault Neo)

1st party Digital:

- Pushmo World
- Nes Remix I & II
- Mario Maker (upcoming)
- Mario vs DK (upcoming)

In the works, 1st party exclusives we have:

- Zelda U
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Splatoon
- Smash U
- Captain Toad
- SMTxFE
- Hyrule Warriors
- Mario Party 10
- Yoshi's Wolly World
- Miyamoto projects (Giant Robot, Star Fox)

Even if the cube had as much support, the variety here and appeal to casuals is much higher.

FFS would people stop with this pipedream, please? The casuals are gone from Nintendo and nothing in that line up is going to make them come back.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:

The only thing I can really respond to this is a bet.

If Wii U stays above 45k for the rest of the year with VGChartz numbers, I win.

What kind of a bet is that? 45k seems completely likely, but that's not all that great is it?

padib said:
daredevil.shark said:

Destiny will help Xbox One also. But not as much as Destiny in PS4. Plus holiday 2014 is packed with lots of games for both PS4 and Xbox One. I cant recall any Wii U game game except captain toad treasure tracker and watch dogs. Wii U might face its worst holiday this year.

You forgot about Smash. That's like forgetting about Halo for the Xbox. I'm not sure you're suited to judged Nintendo's success this holiday season.

I forgot it. But I remember it now. But I also remember its coming in 3ds. Compared GTA V, Destiny, Farcry 4, COD, MCC, Assassins Creed, LBP3, Driveclub, sunset overdrive etc a single fighting game wont give nintendo a big push. Only hardcore nintendo fans will get Wii U and their number is very small.

daredevil.shark said:
Nintentacle said:
daredevil.shark said:

Third party games, besides (Most likely) Destiny, don't move Xbox One's, they only sell to current owners for the most part. The only actual system seller they have is the Masterchief Collection. Smash Bros. will kick that game's ass in terms of moving consoles thanks to Japan.

As for PS4, of course that's going to dominate. That doesn't mean Wii U will struggle to get 15 million.

padib said:
daredevil.shark said:

I forgot it. But I remember it now. But I also remember its coming in 3ds. Compared GTA V, Destiny, Farcry 4, COD, Assassins Creed, LBP3, Driveclub, sunset overdrive etc a single fighting game wont give nintendo a big push. Only hardcore nintendo fans will get Wii U and their number is very small.

That's like saying that, for Halo, a single FPS won't give Xbox a big push. It doesn't work that way because we know it has given big pushes in the past, be it for Smash or Halo.

GTAV is a remake, COD and AC are saturated (but will sell well, sure), LBP is not a strong-selling series, sunset overdrive is an uncertain new IP.

And in any case, Smash doesn't compete for the same market as those games do in general. They appeal to very different crowds. So the fact that those games are releasing during that holiday will not greatly affect the sales for Smash.

No offense. But I find your comment funny. Okay. Destiny wont sell a ton. GTA V wont pass 1-2 million. LBP wont do great. Okay. You are right. PS4 and Xbox One is doomed this holiday season.

padib said:

That's like saying that, for Halo, a single FPS won't give Xbox a big push. It doesn't work that way because we know it has given big pushes in the past, be it for Smash or Halo.

GTAV is a remake, COD and AC are saturated (but will sell well, sure), LBP is not a strong-selling series, sunset overdrive is an uncertain new IP.

And in any case, Smash doesn't compete for the same market as those games do in general. They appeal to very different crowds.

Even so, Wii U is getting smash plus a few very very niche titles whereas the other 2 systems are getting *takes deep breath* Alien: Isolation, Diablo III, Shadow of Mordor. Dragon Age, Evil Within, Destiny, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA V,  and The Crew not to mention the exclusives to each including Driveclub, Last of Us Remastered, Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection (which will probably be huge).

Edit: Forgot about Evolve and all the sports games, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K, NHL etc.