By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You predict again 15 million of Wii U lifetime? O_O

etking said:

If it comes with a new tablet-less Wii-Sports HD and is marketed at casuals then yes it will. I still do not understand why they did not just repeat the Wii's enormously successful strategy and sell the dawn thing as a Wii HD with Wii Sports HD from day 1. Nintendoland what?

Wii Sports would not have had the same kind of success a second time.

Around the Network

I think there were more people who predicted higher numbers (over 40 million+-) for the Wii u than predictions In the area of and or below 20 million

That's just my observation/recollection and def not a fact

20m +/- 2m

And that's for 6 years.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

18 million

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Moonhero said:
This year has been good so far for the Wii U. Smash is going to help take it up a level. Next year has so many games coming out... The Wii U should have no problem reaching 9 Million this year, 14 Million next year... So yeah, 15 isn't going to be hard. 26 Million at life's end. I think a new system coming out in 2017 will pretty much end the sales at 26 Million.

If you are saying 14 mill by end of 2015 and 26 million by mid/late 2017 that would mean 12 million in sales over 2016 and aprox half/three fourths of 2017 -   Of I understand your post correctly 

sems like a lot of sales in the last year or 2

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
AZWification said:
etking said:

The sooner we see a tablet-less version and / or price cut, the higher the number will be eventually. If Nintendo does nothing if will fail commercially.

The GamePad-less WiiU is going to sell like hotcakes just like the Kinectless Xbox One, eh?

Ouch! Watch the snake.

Snakes? Pfft.. I'm not afraid of those suckers..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

benji232 said:
lol, people are completely just forgetting the fact that wiiU is tracking far behind gamecube (by a couple million units) and GC sold merely 21m. WiiU will probably end up at around 17m.

While I do agree, GC had more of its system sellers before. We need Smash, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc in the market to give us a real picture.

On topic: Who really predicted 15 millions? You just said 70% of the people in this site, what's the evidence of that? I remember most people saying 20-25 millions at least (my prediction too).

Moonhero said:
This year has been good so far for the Wii U. Smash is going to help take it up a level. Next year has so many games coming out... The Wii U should have no problem reaching 9 Million this year, 14 Million next year... So yeah, 15 isn't going to be hard. 26 Million at life's end. I think a new system coming out in 2017 will pretty much end the sales at 26 Million.

If you are saying 14 mill by end of 2015 and 26 million by mid/late 2017 that would mean 12 million in sales over 2016 and aprox half/three fourths of 2017 -   Of I understand your post correctly 

sems like a lot of sales in the last year or 2

I think it will be around N64 numbers

I've heard quite a few "less than GC" predictions but not to the exact # of 15 million. I think the Wii U will managed to sell in the 30 million range at the end of this gen.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"