By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do people honestly think that Hyrule Warriors will do well? Like at all?

solidpumar said:
Nintendo Fans blindly buy Nintendo games.

Yeah... Cool story bro. By that logic every single nintendo game would sell good numbers.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
solidpumar said:

Yeah... Cool story bro. By that logic every single nintendo game would sell good numbers.

Just report the trolling posts and move on!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Just report the trolling posts and move on!

I need more points on this site though!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

since when is 500k not ''any good'' sales? specially for a Musou game

Edit: i do agree with OP's numbers and forecast - OP just has a wrong concept

RealGamingExpert said:

Why would reviews impact the sales of the game? It will most likely get a better metascore than previous Dynasty Warriors games.

Even Links Crossbow training got a metascore of 70 and that game completely sucked.

Link's Crossbow Training sold because of an accessory.

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
solidpumar said:

Start spamming until you get enough points.. That will probably work!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
RealGamingExpert said:
solidpumar said:

Start spamming until you get enough points.. That will probably work!

Is that how you got all the points?

I end up getting banned if i do that though!

RealGamingExpert said:

I know, thats the reason why i said 1 mio. instead of 5.

Zelda WW HD also sold 1 mio. and that is a remake, so why not this game?
It might not be a real zelda, but a lot of zelda fans will still buy it.

Not at all. Most Zelda fans WON'T buy it. WWHD is a remake of one of the greatest games of all time. Hyrule Warriors is a reskin of a series that typically can't hit 1m on consoles with 80m units sold. 6.5m is less than a tenth of 1m, not a fifth, so >50k follows that better. I think the Wii U won't sell much more that 15m before it's discontinued. There's absolutely no way one in every fifteen Wii U owners is buying Hyrule Warriors.

drake_tolu said:
benji232 said:
Yea, I can't see it doing much better then 300-400k lifetime. If we only look at COMG, the game is going to bomb in Japan and Japan is where it's supposed to sell most...

Yeah, Assassin's Creed IV will sell 500K, COD Ghost will sell 370K, Mass Effect 3 will sell 400K, Rayman Legend will sell 750K...

And this Zelda will sell 300K.

Obvius.

Uh? So much wrong with this post. Black flag is currently at 190k, it will be lucky to even sell 250k. Mass effect 3 will sell 400k??? What? It's been there since launch day and it sold merely 150k. Is this a joke post? Then you go on to say rayman legends will sell 750k when it merely sold 350k so far and it's been out for almost a full year. It's barely selling now. Call of duty ghost will sell 350k? It's at 170k right now, I won't even bother telling you why selling 370k lifetime is out of it's reach.

So yes, I keep my prediction, Zelda dynasty warriors won't sell more then 300-400k lifetime. 

Now if you can argue me with numbers that actually make sense, I might give you another reply.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

BMaker11 said:
Well, One Piece Pirate Warriors sold 1.2M and that's a Musou game with the popular franchise skin. I think Hyrule Warriors could do the same.

1.2m on an 80m installed base.