By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

spemanig said:
overman1 said:

it seems you want this game very much, I understand it is an amazing game however you could either buy it now or wait for the price to drop in about six months.....problem solved. 

I don't know if you're still being sarcastic. Problem not solved. If NSMBU was $80 at launch, but then was $20 six months later after a price drop, that doesn't stop the launch from having been overpriced.

lol dude you can do what ever it is you want, no one is holding a gun to your head, not me, not Sony not Naughty Dog... i will be buying this game and I know i will love it and I know many of my close friends who will be buying this too, many who came from Microsoft. Dont worry, many more games will come that will be worthy yout time and money, good luck. 

Around the Network
overman1 said:

lol you are the most adamant interlocutor here...i dont do weak sauce, see that as a compliment. besides, your topic like i said is still the same. all we have to do wait and see how the game will sell. 

Why? The game selling well or not doesn't suddenly make the game not overpriced. I never said the game wouldn't sell or that it would sell. I said it was overpriced. Waiting and seeing doesn't change that fact. (Opinion. Whatever.)

Ka-pi96 said:
DD_Bwest said:

i just woke up and havent had my weed yet lol   as i was toking i decided that probably wasnt a good idea to say,  but i may bring it back if people continue to insist they are not cheap,  when they most certainly are.

if he doesnt want to pay for more content, he doesnt have to,  but whining about not getting a deal makes him cheap.    If he just happily waits until it comes down thats fine.  but getting on a soap box because he feels entitled to something he isnt is cheap. 

Better get that weed lol, probably best not to bring that back though.

Yeah I suppose you've got a point. The price will come down for those that wait, even if people want it there is no reason they have to get it straight away.

its the difference between thrifty and cheap.  lol my brain is still waking up.   Thrifty is being careful with money, watching for deals.  Cheap is bitching and trying to get discounts on everything lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

darkshadow23 said:

Spemanig, what do you suggest I do? I have not yet played TLOU... so should I buy the PS3 version or the PS4 version? I'm confused right now. I thought I would save money on the PS4 version but you seem to have convinced me not to buy it. I have heard TLOU is a great game with one of the greatest single player experiences of last gen. I've also heard the Left Behind DLC is pretty good as well. The multiplayer mode looks like something I would enjoy too... no respawn is awesome... adds to the survival feel. So if I like the multiplayer then I will definitely be interested in the map packs and future content as well.

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.

Definitely get the PS4 version because it's 60fps. As for when? Wait until it's like $30. By the time it's down to $40 like it should be now, it'll be worth even less, so you may as well get it for even cheaper. You'll honestly very likely be able to to get it for that price on Cyber Monday or Black Friday, so get it then. You've already waited a year. Waiting a few more months won't be too hard.

spemanig said:

Who ever said I was buying it? I've said numerous times in this thread that anyone buying this game can buy it to their hearts content. No one's judging them. That doesn't make it any less of a blatant rip off.

Soooo, basically you're whining about something that you don't plan on ever buying...

Then tell people that you're not judging them even though you're saying that they're buying a blatant ripoff...

Basing your position on the fact that the now-unavailable-yet-probably-still-sellable season pass was once $20 but SHOULD be less because you just think so.

And then claiming that other Season Passes should not sell for as much because... you just don't think that they're worth that much and that people who buy it are just "forced to pay more because there is nowhere they can buy something cheaper" (lol btw).

Seems legit.

Around the Network
overman1 said:

lol dude you can do what ever it is you want, no one is holding a gun to your head, not me, not Sony not Naughty Dog... i will be buying this game and I know i will love it and I know many of my close friends who will be buying this too, many who came from Microsoft. Dont worry, many more games will come that will be worthy yout time and money, good luck. 

I don't want the game. I've already played it. That's not the issue. It's over priced. That's this issue. A person's free will does absolutely nothing to change it. Ground Zeroes was over priced. People loved it. People hated it. People bought it. People didn't buy it. That doesn't change the fact that it was over priced.

If you buy a pair of skis, the next year the newer edition of the same type will cost you the exact same as everyone else. Sure buying a whole new pair of skis at full price may be a rip off to you, since you already have them. But they are properly valued for everyone else. Companies are in the business of making money, not giving things away.

if you wait a few years for them to come down and buy them, thats being thrifty.
if you rally against the company in a pathetic attempt to get a deal, you are cheap

There is nothing wrong with being either, its just a good idea to know where YOU stand

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DrDoomz said:

Soooo, basically you're whining about something that you don't plan on ever buying...

Then tell people that you're not judging them even though you're saying that they're buying a blatant ripoff...

Basing your position on the fact that the now-unavailable-yet-probably-still-sellable season pass was once $20 but SHOULD be less because you just think so.

And then claiming that other Season Passes should not sell for as much because... you just don't think that they're worth that much and that people who buy it are just "forced to pay more because there is nowhere they can buy something cheaper" (lol btw).

Seems legit.

No, I'm criticizing something I don't plan on buying. Why are you saying that like you've "got" me? What does me not buying the game have anything to do with whether or not the game itselft is a rip off? How does calling a product a ripoff imply the casting of judgement on the person purchasing the product. It should be less because that's what video game software that is one year old does. It drops. It's not because I say so. It's because basic economy says so. What makes you think that a full game can drop in value, but it's extra content is immune from that very same drop? Is DLC now more valuable than the content it's tacked on to? No, it isn't.

It is legit. If you don't think it is legit, argue your point. Don't just quote my words and then add "lol" or an elipsis at the end like that somehow proves your point.

DD_Bwest said:
If you buy a pair of skis, the next year the newer edition of the same type will cost you the exact same as everyone else. Sure buying a whole new pair of skis at full price may be a rip off to you, since you already have them. But they are properly valued for everyone else. Companies are in the business of making money, not giving things away.

if you wait a few years for them to come down and buy them, thats being thrifty.
if you rally against the company in a pathetic attempt to get a deal, you are cheap

There is nothing wrong with being either, its just a good idea to know where YOU stand

Wanting to buy a product for what it's worth is not being cheap. Wanting to buy a product for less than it's worth is being cheap. Someone saying that the Halo: MCE is a rip off, for example, is being cheap.

DD_Bwest said:

Also, how much value one sees in a product is up to the person. Just because one person says that this product is a ripoff, doesn't make the product a ripoff because that is just one person's opinion. A product can only truly be a ripoff if it is universally accepted as such. One cannot speak for the other.