By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU surge is because of PS4 and X1 disapointment?

Tripphammer said:
PS4 and Xbox One have been a dissapointment since their respective launches. Both systems don't have games that anyone desperately needs to play. I'll get a PS4 when there are actually some exclusive titles released. As for the One, the fact that the best game on the system is a downloadable tite (Killer Instinct) is sad and even then the game was released completely unfinished. The system in general is a sign that Microsoft needs to get the hell out of the gaming industry. They've already ruined it enough and the One is a clear example of pure failure.

I thought M$ had a fairly good launch. Forza was pretty good, Ioved DR3 and Ryse wasn't as bad as reviews gave it,IMO. PS4 was more dissapointing for me personally as I was really only interested in Killzone. We have to remember that as great as the lineup is right now, the first year until SMW3D released was quite lacking. There were games that were pushed back as well so I would fully critique each system until at least holiday season 2015.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Wii U is picking up steam because it now has a library of titles that appeal to the more purchase-cautious gamer. The stuff about PS4 and Xbox One being disappointments; that's a little asinine - they are doing well. Also, lol n4g.

Some people just see what they want to see. Gathering the same data and using the same fallacies, I could easily tell the opposite: PS4/XOne surge is because of WiiU's disappointment. And that wouldn't be true either.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Moron fanboy.

Where is the poll for this?

DonFerrari said:

This is what the author of this "fine piece" claims.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1551407

Is it the blatantly idiotic click grabber or he is just a moron fanboy?

Both X1 (150% rise) and Ps4 (35% rise) saw improved Sales in the same period so we can't say WiiU "Robbed" sales from them because of disapointment.

WiiU really rose due to its merits and Mk8.

I think the public opinion "surge" is due to PS4 and definitely Xbone being "just more of the same." I think alot of the bloggers out there expected alot more than just a PS3 and 360 upgrade. When the newness wore off, they took another look at what Nintendo was doing and changed their stance because it offers an experience that is unique and unlike the console before it...or for that fact, PS4 and Xbone.

I don't think the sales surge has anything to do with that though. I that's just the usual bump we see when Nintendo starts releasing their big guns. We'll probably see the same when Uncharted drops etc.

Around the Network

X1 and PS4 are disappointing, they have no must have games, its feels more like an update to the previous gen than something new and fresh. On the other side the WiiU has some must have games, loads of great games and is a much bigger leap from there last console compare to the X1 and PS4.

It has to do with the fact Nintendo finally advertised the damned thing and people finally saw what the Wii U was all about, and then doing some research into their purchase they found all of the awesome games they have been missing out on. The Wii U is selling on it's own merits.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

BraLoD said:

Some of your threads make me come here for a good trolling, but then I come and see that it's you trolling someone, lol.

If I was trolling it would be just the author of the article and his asinine premise. Because for me WiiU sold well because it released a good game that the fanbase was waiting. And as others also rose them his entire point is off.

But please do what you must.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I won't click on such nonsense.

Mario Kart 8. That is all.

Because they delivered on everything but the game, and Nintendo made the last big shot before summer with MK8