By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK8 will soon surpass watch dogs on PS4

marley said:

You want spinning?

WD - 8m shipped / 180m consoles (not including pc) = tie ratio 4.4%

MK8 - 2m+ sold / 6.6m consoles = tie ratio 30%

Leaving out some crucial information in your analysis is definitely 'spinning'. 

Sales so not scale proportional to install base. If the Wii U had sold 66 million consoles at this point in time Mario Kart 8 would not have sold 20million units by now. Ignoring the fact that Mario Kart is a recognised franchise thats been building momentum for over 20 years is incredibly silly.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

VGChartz figured aren't counting digital sales correct? Neither is that "shipped" and "sold" number..

Point. I am VERY sure that the digital version of Watch Dogs on the PS4 has sold WAY more then the digital version of MK8 (Just the nature of the 2 consoles). So I would have to think there is a big difference between actual sales of of Watch Dog on the PS4, then MK8 on Wii U. At least a good 500k-1mil..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

you know what guys let just assume watch dogs ps4 is at 2.7 million ps4 and mk8 is at 2.2 million wii u
so there 500k difference case settled

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

lukibrasil said:

Its 100k+ this week and watch dogs is only 60,00+ on PS4

Guess the most hyped game of this gen will be passed by mario kart. YAY

MK8 cant even beat a new IP? It will only surpass it on vgchartz but reality will be quite different indeed.

Iveyboi said:
.....WD at 8M, MK8 at 2M......LONG ways to go.
Install base is just not there like it was for MKWii.

Watch Dogs is on 5 soon to be 6 platforms and not its 8 million sold its shipped :P.

Around the Network

MK8 will pass both COD Ghost and Watchdog PS4.

It matters only because it mean the best seller on Wii U > The best seller on PS4.

SubiyaCryolite said:
marley said:

You want spinning?

Sales so not scale proportional to install base. If the Wii U had sold 66 million consoles at this point in time Mario Kart 8 would not have sold 20million units by now. Ignoring the fact that Mario Kart is a recognised franchise thats been building momentum for over 20 years is incredibly silly.

Mario Kart Wii  is at 33% , if we speak about ratio.

Mario Kart serie always has a great ratio compared to the console where they are. Mario Kart games also don' thave millions of unsold copies sitting on shelves or warehouses.

cpg716 said:
VGChartz figured aren't counting digital sales correct? Neither is that "shipped" and "sold" number..

Point. I am VERY sure that the digital version of Watch Dogs on the PS4 has sold WAY more then the digital version of MK8 (Just the nature of the 2 consoles). So I would have to think there is a big difference between actual sales of of Watch Dog on the PS4, then MK8 on Wii U. At least a good 500k-1mil..

Why wouldnt sold include digital? And who are these people downloading a 20gig game? Also Mario kart had a promo that allowed you to get a discount on the digital download. Not saying you're wrong, i just dont see the digital download market on the the ps4,wiiu, or xb1 being that big considering game download sizes.

Lucas-Rio said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
marley said:

You want spinning?

Mario Kart serie always has a great ratio compared to the console where they are. Mario Kart games also don' thave millions of unsold copies sitting on shelves or warehouses.

i think we could see 40% this time.  wii u is a core console. it doesnt has millions of casuals that just buyed it for wii fit so the ratio should be higher.

generic-user-1 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
marley said:

You want spinning?

i think we could see 40% this time.  wii u is a core console. it doesnt has millions of casuals that just buyed it for wii fit so the ratio should be higher.

33% of ratio is actually great, I think on GC it was similar. But MK is stronger licence now. Even with that a 33% for MK8 would be a big success.