By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is looking at remastering PS3 titles the same way Disney remasters movies

DrDoomz said:

Which is what Sony stated was their primary target market was.

Games and other products get improved and discounted all the time. You'd need to be utterly self-entitled if you want everyone to pay the same amount you did for the product you got earlier.

If anything, it's the company losing out on potentially higher profits for offering an improved product at a lower price than what it was originally offerd for.

/gasp!!! In which case it is the buyers that are taking advantage of Sony for tricking them into releasing a better version for lesszz1!!11!!!One /mindblown

I didnt say people should have to buy it for the same price I did. Im saying the people who already bought it, should get a bigger discount. The game came out a year ago and some of the DLCs are barely 2 months old.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

BC would also have made the console more expensive. Nintendo gets away with it because they don't aim the same technical advancements. They've been recycling the Gamecube architecture for 2 generations now. And it certainly shows.

The WiiU is not much different from a GC?

They both share the same hardware DNA. That's why backward compatibility is so easy to achieve. The same cannot be said with the PS4. Which went from a PPC based CPU (PS3's Cell), to the much demanded [by developers] x86.

What's funny is if next gen Nintendo stops recycling the tech and actually shoots to compete techwise with the PS5, he'll be on here explaining why its okay for them to abandon backwards compatibility.

Tamron said:

Apparently, making changes to the AI, revamping a majority of the games textures, adding in support for new controller, building in all the dlc, adding more controller options (left handed player option too) isn't enough of a change.

But simply changing the controls in Resident Evil 4 Wii edition, is.

If you think so. Kinda going against your own point though...

thismeintiel said:

What's funny is if next gen Nintendo stops recycling the tech and actually shoots to compete techwise with the PS5, he'll be on here explaining why its okay for them to abandon backwards compatibility.

No, I wont. I like many Nintendo products, but I dont give them any less shit if they pull stuff like this.

KLXVER said:
Tamron said:

Apparently, making changes to the AI, revamping a majority of the games textures, adding in support for new controller, building in all the dlc, adding more controller options (left handed player option too) isn't enough of a change.

But simply changing the controls in Resident Evil 4 Wii edition, is.

If you think so. Kinda going against your own point though...

And then theres:

• 1080p/60 FPS in single player and multiplayer.
  • Texture maps are 4x more detailed. 
  • Shadow maps 2x more detailed.
  • Higher resolution particle effects.
  • Occlusion mapping on decals.
  • No texture streaming.
  • Greatly increased draw distances
  • Improved LOD
  • Expanded Audio menu options.
  • Option to Lock frame rate at 30 frames per second.
  • Swap trigger and thumbsticks controls.
  • DualShock 4 with touch pad, light bar and speaker support.
  • Play via Vita using remote play.
  • Cinematics with commentary by Neil Druckmann, Troy Baler and Ashley Johnson.

Without adding in all the extra stuff that'll be found post release.

But hey, you're just here to troll so ~

Around the Network
Tamron said:

And then theres:

• No texture streaming.
  • Improved LOD

Im not here to troll. The list you provided was helpful. Thank you.

KLXVER said:
DrDoomz said:

Which is what Sony stated was their primary target market was.

Games and other products get improved and discounted all the time. You'd need to be utterly self-entitled if you want everyone to pay the same amount you did for the product you got earlier.

If anything, it's the company losing out on potentially higher profits for offering an improved product at a lower price than what it was originally offerd for.

/gasp!!! In which case it is the buyers that are taking advantage of Sony for tricking them into releasing a better version for lesszz1!!11!!!One /mindblown

I didnt say people should have to buy it for the same price I did. Im saying the people who already bought it, should get a bigger discount. The game came out a year ago and some of the DLCs are barely 2 months old.

Buying a game early does not entitle you to a discount. Some companies may opt to do this for their customets but it is in no way required for them to do so. Your purchase was made because you felt that the product was worth the amount of purchase when you paid for it.

The only real entity losing out by offering a superior product for less is the company that spent more on development and R&D on the new product.

KLXVER said:
Tamron said:

And then theres:

• No texture streaming.
  • Improved LOD

Im not here to troll. The list you provided was helpful. Thank you.

All future DLC will be cross buy for ps3/ps4 versions, too.

KLXVER said:
thismeintiel said:

No, I wont. I like many Nintendo products, but I dont give them any less shit if they pull stuff like this.

Alright, then start a thread bashing them for removing BC with the Gamecube, which actually would be easy and cheap (again, based on the same tech), just so they can remaster Gamecube games and FORCE people to buy them.

DrDoomz said:

Buying a game early does not entitle you to a discount. Some companies may opt to do this for their customets but it is in no way required for them to do so. Your purchase was made because you felt that the product was worth the amount of purchase when you paid for it.

The only real entity losing out by offering a superior product for less is the company that spent more on development and R&D on the new product.

Its not required, but its the right thing to do. The people bought your new product after all.