By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amiibo. The next biggest thing on Ebay?

Do you think Amiibo are going to sell like pokemon 1998 or Wii 2006?

No, they'll do fine, not a phenomenon. 28 56.00%

Gangbuster holiday. Your... 16 32.00%

Forgotten holiday gimmick. 5 10.00%

Total:49

Hi, so I'm a reseller.  There comes once in a blue moon a product, a thing so eagerly awaited for that the hungry masses will fork over double, triple, even quadruple the amount of the original price.  It happened with the PS3, Wii, Iphone, Xbox360, you get my point. 

I scored big on the Wii, the PS3, original Iphone bought two, one for me and one to resell(which did fantastic for me).  The Wii U, I bought 2 at the time and eventually became a Christmas gift in January for my lucky neice.  She loves it. 

I didn't even try with the PS4 or Xbone because the Wii U burnt me so bad.  In hindsight, I think I should have pulled the trigger on that choice.  I wasn't going to do magnificent, but I would still have made a chunk of return. 

This brings me to now.  Amiibo, Nintendo's next big thing, or at least I'm speculating on it.  First off, it has the very pokemon vibe.  Weird name, cute cuddly things, has great interaction with console devices, Gotta catch 'em all mentality, and hell they're Nintendo's most beloved mascots.  All of this is pointing towards a heavy demand for these things.  Nintendo being Nintendo, are usually not the company that will produce way more than what demand could possibly be.  I get the sense that they're going to be frugal about the possible sales they'll get with the Amiibos this holiday and eventually will ramp up production based on whether demand for them is high.  Furthermore, if the UK rumored price for them is £12.85, something like $21.87, it wouldn't be such a bad investment overall compared to say a $350 delux model Wii U. 

So this is my dilemma.  I have a friend on the inside that can always get me more than what most consumer can get through normal means.  Don't ask me how, just understand that he's in a position to make it happen.  The only thing, for this to happen I will need to fork over funds higher than the $300 dollar mark.  Call this marketing if you want, but I really am curious about what the informed visitors in this site thinks.  Is it worth it, or am I going to find a dud with the likes of Wii U after this holiday season. 

£12.85
£12.85
£12.85
£12.85

Around the Network

Do you every feel bad for what you do? Just wondering :).

Devil_Survivor said:

Only when I don't get a positive return.

I know, the practice is not well accepted, but please understand that I take a financial risk as well.  You win some, you lose some, I'm not at all very wealthy from my ventures.  I still hold a common everyday job, still strive to pay the bills, still go to school to better my quality of life, etc.  I get it, we're pegged as monsters, but I never force anyone to buy these things from me.  Those who buy them are the more wealthier people who are willing to fork over crazy amounts to get it.  I just provide that sevice.

So basically, you're a scalper, you buy up stock that people would normally walk in to a store and buy, reducing supply and bumping up the price to exploit peoples inability to find stock locally.

In other words, you're what most people hate.

I'm not going to help you!

I suggest other forum users do the same

Around the Network
Tamron said:
So basically, you're a scalper, you buy up stock that people would normally walk in to a store and buy, reducing supply and bumping up the price to exploit peoples inability to find stock locally.

In other words, you're what most people hate.

If you must put a label, yes.  Proudly.  I have developed over the years experienced and learned skills. 

This is how I put up my sales.  Say I buy an Amiibo at $25 dollars at retail.  Usually something like a toy figurine is about 5 oz, so shipping will be something like $2.50, depending on where you live.  Most of the time, if I know it sells, I like to add free shipping(bold move mind you).  I would do an auction style countdown, 7 days and set the price for $27.50.  Basically get even from the whole buy-sell.  If it's a really good item, it will get bidded on at within a few minutes.  Then someone else bids.  Then another, then another, then another, then ultimately it may go up as high as double, triple and so on. 

The only things I go high on are antiques.  Things that I have gone out of my way to find, drove hundreds of miles to attain, and risk money out of pocket. 

How about this.  If you don't want to help me, fine.  Let's talk about Amiibo.  It's going to be the biggest thing since Wii for general customers and core customers.

Ouroboros24 said:

Hi, so I'm a reseller. 

£12.85
£12.85
£12.85
£12.85

You won't get sympathy here.

Richard_Feynman said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Hi, so I'm a reseller. 

£12.85
£12.85
£12.85
£12.85

You won't get sympathy here.

Not looking for it.

Here's a hot tip for you, X-mas big hit:

If these doesn't sell well, you can always use them on yourself!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Ouroboros24 said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Only when I don't get a positive return.

I know, the practice is not well accepted, but please understand that I take a financial risk as well.  You win some, you lose some, I'm not at all very wealthy from my ventures.  I still hold a common everyday job, still strive to pay the bills, still go to school to better my quality of life, etc.  I get it, we're pegged as monsters, but I never force anyone to buy these things from me.  Those who buy them are the more wealthier people who are willing to fork over crazy amounts to get it.  I just provide that sevice.

I wasn't judging you I just wanted to see what would said and I can see your a good person.