By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's plan to silently kill off Xbox One.

Ok, Ok, I ripped that title off of that Nintendo story. Lol. I couldn't resist. However, I think there may be truth in it. Why? Read on and see what you think.Microsoft has to be disappointed that the $400 Xbox One is still losing worldwide and is only breaking about even with PS4 in it's homeland weekly. As much as I dislike Microsoft, I will give them credit for trying their hardest to beat PS4. They are doing all the right things and some underhanded advertising to boot. I speak of the misleading commercial with the Breaking Bad actor. But anyway, they dropped the price, nearly equaled the value of PS+ with Xbox Gold, secured exclusive games, dropped the DRM, improved games with Gold, etc. Why aren't 360 fans supporting MS? I don't get it myself. Whatever the reason, MS seems to be already planning the future beyond XB1 and talking about it! It would seem MS may already be so disappointed that they may want to silently kill off XB1. What have they said? Well, 1st, they said they are hiring a "super creator" for their next hardware. Next hardware?! Isn't it a little too early to openly speak about that? Next, they have mentioned that they are refocusing what MS is about. Going toward mobile, etc. No mention of better gaming hardware. If I was an Xbox fan, that would make me worry. Perhaps they are looking at XB1 as secondary priority now. I'm not saying this is the truth, but their statements must make many wonder. Will there be a new Xbox in 3 to 4 years? Will they abandon Xbox and gaming hardware? What do you guys think?

Around the Network

you dr/th-ink too much.

theyre not going to kill it off. 

and no,  they simply posted a job posting looking for people to work on future products they never explicity said an xbox,  people just jump to conclusions.

Wow, people is a bit paranoid with the consoles lately. I have seen people saying that they are killing the XBone, the Vita, the WiiU, the 3DS...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I would read the OP if it was formatted a little better.

Wow you are truly clueless about gaming. Just cause they already thinking about their next console doesn't mean they will get rid of the X1 anytime soon. Its never to early to already think about your next console developing a new console takes years.

Around the Network

This is laughable, you really think Sony and Nintendo haven't started doing R&D for their next console? Get real

Chris Hu said:
Wow you are truly clueless about gaming. Just cause they already thinking about their next console doesn't mean they will get rid of the X1 anytime soon. Its never to early to already think about your next console developing a new console takes years.

Yeah, designs for the PS4 started at 2008 / 2009.

Chris Hu said:

Console development seems pretty piss easy right now.

Step 1 - what are the specs of a good gaming PC right now?

Step 2 - when can we get the price of those specs down below $300 wholesale?

Step 3 - design a box that doesn't look too much like a PC.

Step 4 - tweak current controller.

Have I missed anything?

Back in the day with custom hardware like T3h C3ll development was a long term project but going PC lite seems like it's going to make new hardware development shorter and cheaper.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

My name is mister Iarih and i like how this guy thinks.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

These forums are just getting more and more retarded.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...