By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It's true. There isn't any other racing sim releasing on Wii U so if they really want it an extra wait shouldn't bother them.

The wait doesnt bother them. The way they are being treated are...

Could always be worse. They could be not getting the game at all.

Some people just don't get it...

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

No, they would have supported the game if it was good, and for the effort.

No one buys a game for the "effort". Even if it was "good", it will still be "worse" than the PC/PS4/X1 versions. I'm sure you can understand why that would be the case. Many enthusiasts would thus end up choosing to play on something other than the Wii U.

Alright, maybe I should rephrase that. They would support the game, not for the effort, but just for them doing their absolute best that they can with the version. Check the poll on the project cars website. PC is on top, Wii U is second.

"Absolute best" = effort and that has never sold games. The lay man would compare the versions and realize that the Wii U's version is the "worst" even if it's the "best" that can be done on WIi U  and choose to play elsewhere. The only time Wii U version is a sell for "realistic" themed games is if they are exclusive to it kinda like the likes of Bayonetta 2.

you would think us being on a sales site people could draw conclusions taht werent wrong. We have evidence of people buying the best version of a game. Hell the entire WIi/PS360 gen taught us this. Not to mention PS4 will have a larger install base.

Sadly, the kind of people typically found on gaming forums tend to be unable to see outside their chosen company's box. This is the stuff one has to deal with.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
I could also spin that to say that the fact that Wii U has no such game and neither did it's predecessor means that no one bought the Wii  family of consoles to play racing sims which is why it would make the most sense to drop that version.

Secondly, if PS360 owners were satisfied with the games you listed, why crowdfund another? Gamers always want more/better.

I didn't say that PS360 owners were satisfied with those, I said that the existence of those meant that the impact was a lot less. Those people were miffed, but not outraged.

And I'm sorry, but all evidence points to the Wii U version being the most anticipated version, and it's not that the Wii didn't have such games, it's that the Wii U doesn't. The Wii had a few different realistic racers. But then, perhaps you need to learn of the concept of "blue ocean" - it's about providing products to people who haven't had such products. It's a highly effective technique for boosting sales. To drop only the Wii U version entirely would be like saying "hey, why bother selling our apples in a country where there's a drought, when we could sell them in a place where there's so many apples they don't know what to do with them all!"

Rab said:
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Because those are last gen systems. Should Nintendo fans not complain at all then and accept this? I don't think so.

what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining

And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

Do you think every one those dozens of millions of PS360 people will get a PS4/X1 within the first couple of years? Late adopters are getting screwed. At least us Wii U owners are still getting the game on the console we own.

Yeah but because of what is happening, sales will be lower, it will affect future games coming on the system, Watchdogs is in the same boat, it's coming but at what cost, anyway if people dont get that this is a vicious cycle that effects the future of games coming, then I don't know what else to say

The difference is that Watch Dogs will have probably sold 6-7 million by the time releases on the Wii U so whatever it sells will be extra icing on the cake for Ubisoft. However, With Project Cars its facing so much compeition on the other systems that Wii U was going to be its best environment to gain some traction.

burninmylight said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm taking their side too. They've been developing this game since well before the Wii U launched and watched it struggle from the get-go, knowing full well their game is probably going to flop like many of the other third party releases on Wii U. Yet, they've remained firm in keeping it coming. This game has been in development longer than any confirmed title, yet it's never been a question of whether it will be canceled, and up until now, Slightly Mad has had nothing but positive things to say regarding it the Wii U and their port for the console.

You can't blame them for securing funding from a major publisher, either. They're essentially an indy studio releasing a big-budget game that will be competing with the likes of Drive Club, Forza and Gran Turismo on most consoles, and fighting just to be relevant to the audience of another. That's an uphill battle on every front.

To anyone who planned to get the game for Wii U, shut the hell up and wait a few months; it's not going to kill you. If the last few months are anything like the first two years, then I can promise you that you will still be getting one hell of a game, or at least a game on par with other consoles. There will be plenty to play in the meantime.

By the way, I never planned on gettng Project CARS. I've never been a fan of realistic racing sims. But if I was, this news wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I am more into arcade racing but I will get this to the Wii U. I buy most racers I can get my hands on.

Followed the progress of this game and it is true that the Wii U was not in any way put in second place by the developers. As you mentioned it will probably flop on Wii U.

Even Vita sold more of Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game (yes, it was lateer than for the other consoles, but it was the only one for the Wii U

PS3     2.37 ---- Xbox360     1.38 ---- PSV     0.65 ---- WiiU    0.14

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Pristine20 said:
I could also spin that to say that the fact that Wii U has no such game and neither did it's predecessor means that no one bought the Wii  family of consoles to play racing sims which is why it would make the most sense to drop that version.

Secondly, if PS360 owners were satisfied with the games you listed, why crowdfund another? Gamers always want more/better.

I didn't say that PS360 owners were satisfied with those, I said that the existence of those meant that the impact was a lot less. Those people were miffed, but not outraged.

And I'm sorry, but all evidence points to the Wii U version being the most anticipated version, and it's not that the Wii didn't have such games, it's that the Wii U doesn't. The Wii had a few different realistic racers. But then, perhaps you need to learn of the concept of "blue ocean" - it's about providing products to people who haven't had such products. It's a highly effective technique for boosting sales. To drop only the Wii U version entirely would be like saying "hey, why bother selling our apples in a country where there's a drought, when we could sell them in a place where there's so many apples they don't know what to do with them all!"

Agreed with your first point then.

The poll suggests that the Wii U is the most anticipated? Surely you realize that the internet is not the best representative for "anticipation" and especially "sales" right? I personally don't remember any realistic racers on WIi and if they exist, they certainly had no impact. Blue ocean is a risk that may or may not work when introducing a product to brand new potential consumers but at this stage in the game, I think it's safe to say the 8th gen has a negligible amount of such consumers.

In that regard, I can argue that most people who've invested in the 8th gen know what they're getting into with each company. Thus racing sim enthusiasts are not going to be prioritising the Wii U. PC is the best choice for this game by far. It's seems more of a case of a few people have invested in the wii U and now want ports instead of buying another console but one has to wonder that if such people had enough spare moneyt to crowd  fund games, they can afford a high end PC for the best version or at least PS4/X1s for what would surely be better versions of the game.

Your drought analogy is terrible because we're talking about an essential human need compared to plain old entertainment and somehow I doubt that apples would be a priority for people actually facing a drought. Drinking water would probably come first, then staple carbs/protein sources before stuff like apples.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

No one buys a game for the "effort". Even if it was "good", it will still be "worse" than the PC/PS4/X1 versions. I'm sure you can understand why that would be the case. Many enthusiasts would thus end up choosing to play on something other than the Wii U.

Alright, maybe I should rephrase that. They would support the game, not for the effort, but just for them doing their absolute best that they can with the version. Check the poll on the project cars website. PC is on top, Wii U is second.

"Absolute best" = effort and that has never sold games. The lay man would compare the versions and realize that the Wii U's version is the "worst" even if it's the "best" that can be done on WIi U  and choose to play elsewhere. The only time Wii U version is a sell for "realistic" themed games is if they are exclusive to it kinda like the likes of Bayonetta 2.

You're missing the point. The better versions are of course more likely to sell better, but that isn't the only indicator of demand for individual versions. Audience plays a very big part. Why do games from franchises like Skylanders and Just Dance conitinue to do better on weaker Nintendo platforms? LIkewise, Call of Duty sold better on the PS3 and 360 not just because they were so much better technically, but because the family-friendly/casual audience has only limited overlap with the shooter crowd.

I think you're drastically overstating the impact of "better versions". If people cared that much, then Xbox One would be selling a margin worse, and far less people would be gaming on consoles anyway.

oniyide said:
Are you really going to argue that the systems that are NOT getting the game at all is a better deal than teh game coming late? Please. YOu can list all the games you want, it dont matter. 2 facts. Not every game is the same. Need for Speed plays different than GT which plays different than Grid etc. Hell NFS isnt even a sim racer, thats arcade. So thats a sad argument anyway. 2nd fact. Those gamers funded the money just like every other platform owner, now its not coming. Tell me how that is worse than the WIi U situation please.

On a side note lets not be crazy. Ninty systems have NEVER been big on these types of racers anyway. This has traditionally been the domain of PCs and then Sony consoles. IF one really cared about these types of games you're gonna really tell me that they wouldnt have a brand of systems that is KNOWN to have them?

I didn't say that PS360 owners were getting a better deal. I explained why they weren't annoyed about the raw deal they got. I even said that, two different ways, in my post. I said that PS360 owners weren't as annoyed about it because of how many options they had. I said that Wii U owners were more annoyed because of circumstance, not the isolated situation with the game. And I said that most of the Wii U owners complaining would also agree that it was absurd that they dropped PS360 support - it's just not as big a concern to the people who planned on getting the Wii U version, because it doesn't affect them directly.

Meanwhile, please stop telling me what Ninty systems are big on. The fact is, Ninty systems haven't been given many of these sorts of racers, and thus it's really not a good test of potential. The concept that, if a genre sells well on one system, it means it won't sell well on another is just idiotic. And how about we turn the logic on its head? Most would have said that kart racer fans generally play on Nintendo consoles... and yet, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing still did quite well on PS3, which wasn't known for its kart racers.

The fact is, the demand was there, as shown by the poll and by the reaction that this decision has garnered. And some gamers even pointed out that, despite owning a PC and/or PS4, they were going to buy it on Wii U and are now reconsidering buying it at all...

But hey, Wii U fans shouldn't be pissed, because reasons.

oniyide said:
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

you mean like all the other multiplatform games released on wiiU? wait...

You mean the low end ports?

Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

When has this ever been about graphics?