By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

oniyide said:
what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining

PS360 owners did get a raw deal. But what's different is that PS360 owners have games like Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, Grid, MotoGP, a long list of Need for Speeds, Test Drive Unlimited, SuperCar Challenge, WRC, Driver, Dirt, NASCAR, Burnout... you get the idea. Meanwhile, the only other sim racer at all on Wii U is Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which was also delayed for no good reason (and then used to justify EA no longer supporting the Wii U).

The result is that, while PS360 owners might be miffed about the game not coming to their system, Wii U owners are being told they just have to suck it up and accept being treated like shit, because they don't have any other option. So Wii U owners have been given the much larger disservice when all is said and done. And that's why Wii U owners are so much more vocal about it.

Indeed, most Wii U owners would agree that PS3 and 360 shouldn't have been dropped, either.

Around the Network

Couple points:

1. Any Wii U owner who could afford to pay a decent amount of money to fund this game could also afford to buy a PS4/X1 or better yet a PC for what would surely be the best version of the game

2. A "realistic" anything is going to have a worse Wii U version. If it had arrived at the same time, these same folks would probably be boycotting because it wasn't up to par and lets face it, it can never be up to par. I thought most people getting Wii U's weren't doing so for"realistic" games. After all, that's probably the biggest complaint I see from ninty fans regarding other console games

3. Just because Wii U owners won their poll doesn't mean they paid most of the money or that others even voted a preference. I think a safer assumption would be that the high end PC enthusiasts did judging by the company's choice of providing support for the likes of 4k monitors

4. It may just be a simple tech issue. PC/PS4/X1 = same architecture which was what SOny/MS went after this gen. Wii = different hence a different set of tools needed. It doesn't have to be a grand conspiracy.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Couple points:

If it had arrived at the same time, these same folks would probably be boycotting because it wasn't up to par

No, they would have supported the game if it was good, and for the effort.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining

PS360 owners did get a raw deal. But what's different is that PS360 owners have games like Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, Grid, MotoGP, a long list of Need for Speeds, Test Drive Unlimited, SuperCar Challenge, WRC, Driver, Dirt, NASCAR, Burnout... you get the idea. Meanwhile, the only other sim racer at all on Wii U is Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which was also delayed for no good reason (and then used to justify EA no longer supporting the Wii U).

The result is that, while PS360 owners might be miffed about the game not coming to their system, Wii U owners are being told they just have to suck it up and accept being treated like shit, because they don't have any other option. So Wii U owners have been given the much larger disservice when all is said and done. And that's why Wii U owners are so much more vocal about it.

Indeed, most Wii U owners would agree that PS3 and 360 shouldn't have been dropped, either.

I could also spin that to say that the fact that Wii U has no such game and neither did its predecessor means that no one bought the Wii  family of consoles to play racing sims which is why it would make the most sense to drop that version.

Secondly, if PS360 owners were satisfied with the games you listed, why crowdfund another? Gamers always want more/better.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Couple points:

If it had arrived at the same time, these same folks would probably be boycotting because it wasn't up to par

No one buys a game for the "effort". Even if it was "good", it will still be "worse" than the PC/PS4/X1 versions. I'm sure you can understand why that would be the case. Many enthusiasts would thus end up choosing to play on something other than the Wii U.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

No one buys a game for the "effort". Even if it was "good", it will still be "worse" than the PC/PS4/X1 versions. I'm sure you can understand why that would be the case. Many enthusiasts would thus end up choosing to play on something other than the Wii U.

Alright, maybe I should rephrase that. They would support the game, not for the effort, but just for them doing their absolute best that they can with the version. Check the poll on the project cars website. PC is on top, Wii U is second.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:

Are you really going to argue that the systems that are NOT getting the game at all is a better deal than teh game coming late? Please. YOu can list all the games you want, it dont matter. 2 facts. Not every game is the same. Need for Speed plays different than GT which plays different than Grid etc. Hell NFS isnt even a sim racer, thats arcade. So thats a sad argument anyway. 2nd fact. Those gamers funded the money just like every other platform owner, now its not coming. Tell me how that is worse than the WIi U situation please.

On a side note lets not be crazy. Ninty systems have NEVER been big on these types of racers anyway. This has traditionally been the domain of PCs and then Sony consoles. IF one really cared about these types of games you're gonna really tell me that they wouldnt have a brand of systems that is KNOWN to have them? 

Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

Alright, maybe I should rephrase that. They would support the game, not for the effort, but just for them doing their absolute best that they can with the version. Check the poll on the project cars website. PC is on top, Wii U is second.

you mean like all the other multiplatform games released on wiiU? wait...

Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

"Absolute best" = effort and that has never sold games. The lay man would compare the versions and realize that the Wii U's version is the "worst" even if it's the "best" that can be done on WIi U  and choose to play elsewhere. The only time Wii U version is a sell for "realistic" themed games is if they are exclusive to it kinda like the likes of Bayonetta 2.

Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

"Absolute best" = effort and that has never sold games. The lay man would compare the versions and realize that the Wii U's version is the "worst" even if it's the "best" that can be done on WIi U  and choose to play elsewhere. The only time Wii U version is a sell for "realistic" themed games is if they are exclusive to it kinda like the likes of Bayonetta 2.

you would think us being on a sales site people could draw conclusions taht werent wrong. We have evidence of people buying the best version of a game. Hell the entire WIi/PS360 gen taught us this. Not to mention PS4 will have a larger install base.