By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So... I just bumped into Mitt Romney...

Faxanadu said:
Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
It is rather rude to invade on his private life like that. He just wants to have some fun with the family, and here you come asking for a picture?

Public figures, when in public, are subject to at least the attention of the masses. Not like Gergroy was rude to him or made any untoward demand (or was trespassing on Romney's land). No different than asking a celebrity for an autograph in a chance encounter

That is equally rude. Just let them have their lives and stop harrassing everyone just cause they are "famous". They are people that also want to have their own life. Just imagine everyone and their mother coming up to you asking for pics/autographs.

There's a difference between harassment and asking for attention. A few months ago, i was walking to class and saw a girl sitting under an umbrella in the rain in a garden, the scene looking so picturesque that i went up to her and asked if i could take a picture, quite politely. Gergroy's conduct was similar, here. If he asked in a rude or pushy way is one thing, but Romney should expect people to ask, at the very least.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

omfg a bad day for a well known person.

we all have them and there are times when people dont want to be bothered, he might have been pissed with ann about her nagging. so he couldnt fake happy even he wanted to.

plus i can give a shit if the guy is an asshole, i just need him to know how to run the country unlike the dickhead in now.

guys arguing wont get you anywhere arguing is a way to destroy dignity of friendship

well i tried to be influential :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
It is rather rude to invade on his private life like that. He just wants to have some fun with the family, and here you come asking for a picture?

Public figures, when in public, are subject to at least the attention of the masses. Not like Gergroy was rude to him or made any untoward demand (or was trespassing on Romney's land). No different than asking a celebrity for an autograph in a chance encounter

That is equally rude. Just let them have their lives and stop harrassing everyone just cause they are "famous". They are people that also want to have their own life. Just imagine everyone and their mother coming up to you asking for pics/autographs.

There's a difference between harassment and asking for attention. A few months ago, i was walking to class and saw a girl sitting under an umbrella in the rain in a garden, the scene looking so picturesque that i went up to her and asked if i could take a picture, quite politely. Gergroy's conduct was similar, here. If he asked in a rude or pushy way is one thing, but Romney should expect people to ask, at the very least.

Remember that this polite request is probably asked every five minutes in his life when he is in public. Great stuff.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I bet Obama is super nice though, he seems really genuine. You know like he cares n' stuff.

Around the Network

I bet Obama would have said yes.

I am sure he was just annoyed at me invading his family time, but he could have been more polite about his refusal, made the wait in line kind of awkward... I certainly understand his annoyance and refusal, just the abruptness of it caught me off guard

For those wondering, I was very polite about asking and about his refusal. I am generally i pretty polite person anyway, even if it is somebody I dont necessarily like...

The "conversation" went kind of like this.

"Hey, Mr. romney, would you mind if I get your picture?"
"Absolutely not"
"Oh, ok, thats cool, nice meeting you"

gergroy said:

I am sure he was just annoyed at me invading his family time, but he could have been more polite about his refusal, made the wait in line kind of awkward... I certainly understand his annoyance and refusal, just the abruptness of it caught me off guard

For those wondering, I was very polite about asking and about his refusal. I am generally i pretty polite person anyway, even if it is somebody I dont necessarily like...

"Absolutely not"

that was me :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

gergroy said:

"Absolutely not"

But you weren't invading his family time. You're both out in a public space, he's subject to a degree of non-intrusive or bothersome interaction. A photo request would be one such thing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ok everyone i think its time we stopped talking about politics(i hate that word) and move back to video games :P

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?