By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916

That would be a fucking bummer
But it makes kind of sense since they have worked on Mario Kart 7 and that turned out to be ok. I would like to see them branch out a bit and make something "new" I guess. But then again maybe this is what they really wanna make, who knows.

Around the Network

Fuck Retro?

More like fuck Nintendo for giving them this shit.

Well I hope this rumor is as baseless, wii u doesn't need another kart racer now or any time in the near--or, quite frankly, distant--future. Especially if it would mean it's the only game retro are working on at current.

Cobretti2 said:
Fuck Retro?

More like fuck Nintendo for giving them this shit.

And you know how, that Retro didn´t approach Nintendo to make this game? I mean they have already worked on a fine Cart Racer and since Nintendo has already a running Engine for that kind of a game they probably could make it a lot faster then many other games.

Pavolink said:
green_sky said:
Pavolink said:

I wish I could have used this for the delicius 2D Dk fans tears.

Tears for what? 2D DK already came out couple of months ago. The stuff you want is months if not years away. 

Yeah and its sales are poor. Sales, the argumnent 2DK fans used to justify over Metroid.

Its going to sell over 1.2mil when its all done. Besides the tears of you crying its not Metroid is funnier

I mean You only Downplay DK:TF (for watever reason) cuz it wasnt the game you wanted, which is kind of funny cuz it has nothing to do with the game itself.

Ex: If Retro made Mario Kart 8 instead and DK was made by [Any other Nintendo Team], you wouldn't be hating on DK so much >_>! Thats why fans like yourself are more sad. (not trying to sound like an A** but its true)

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
green_sky said:
Pavolink said:

I wish I could have used this for the delicius 2D Dk fans tears.

Tears for what? 2D DK already came out couple of months ago. The stuff you want is months if not years away. 

Yeah and its sales are poor. Sales, the argumnent 2DK fans used to justify over Metroid.

Even if it is selling poorly (if it has sold 600k, then it's sold fine), poor sales numbers are a small consolation, given Donkey Kong fans still got an actual game relatively recently. Not much for them to cry over.

If true, I guess Nintendo really wants me to get rid of my WiiU.

I want Metroid Prime damit! Nothing else!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

EricFabian said:

Last Metroid: 1,29mil

Last DK: 600k and counting.

Right now, there is no problem with both, I think

Metroid would have moved more consoles. There are already users with a Wii U for platformers, but not for Metroids.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

tbone51 said:

Its going to sell over 1.2mil when its all done. Besides the tears of you crying its not Metroid is funnier

I mean You only Downplay DK:TF (for watever reason) cuz it wasnt the game you wanted, which is kind of funny cuz it has nothing to do with the game itself.

Ex: If Retro made Mario Kart 8 instead and DK was made by [Any other Nintendo Team], you wouldn't be hating on DK so much >_>! Thats why fans like yourself are more sad. (not trying to sound like an A** but its true)

Retro doing MK8 would have made me been loud as today. There's already a team for that. I want Retro to do something bigger and epic.

nuckles87 said:

Even if it is selling poorly (if it has sold 600k, then it's sold fine), poor sales numbers are a small consolation, given Donkey Kong fans still got an actual game relatively recently. Not much for them to cry over.

Of course not, not today. Enjoy your last Retro 2DK.