By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Remasters/HD versions are awesome.

Tagged games:

Remasters?

They are cool! 86 54.78%

They suck! 30 19.11%

If they come from Nintend... 26 16.56%

If they come from Sony, I... 12 7.64%

If they come from MS, I l... 3 1.91%

Total:157

"They are cool" if the specs are an appropriate jump. 30fps->60fps. And whichever resolution bump applies depending on the generation in question

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
"They are cool" if the specs are an appropriate jump. 30fps->60fps. And whichever resolution bump applies depending on the generation in question

Why? The game wont be better because it has 60fps instead of 30fps...

I really don't know why people can't understand the deal. It's not that they're re-releasing the game, or that it's a quick cash grab. The problem is that the game released <365 days, and that the devs could spend the time on new games. That's why HD collections are fine, or stuff like WWHD or OR/AS.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The only good thing i find about hd versions is the fact that if the game is rare, you can have it cheaper and the new version will not be rare..
But the fact that it has better visual or whatever, i frankly don't fucking care.. ( and they should make retrocompatibility.. it always was this way and is simple to make ).

They are cool with me. Got to play better versions of some of the games i missed. Let the market decide if there is demand for these collections. I'd most likely pick up TLOU remaster if and when i get a PS4 despite already playing it.

Will be picking up Wii Sports Club this month. One of the few games that even people who have disdain for games, enjoy quite a bit.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Raziel123 said:

Yes it will.

BlackyCat said:

The only good thing i find about hd versions is the fact that if the game is rare, you can have it cheaper and the new version will not be rare..
But the fact that it has better visual or whatever, i frankly don't fucking care.. ( and they should make retrocompatibility.. it always was this way and is simple to make ).

True. Thats why I think stuff like The ICO and SOTC Collection is one of the better ways of doing a remaster.

I think they are fine, but I do think it's a bit much to do it within the first year or so after it's release.
Things like Wind Waker and RE4 were great. TLOU this early is a bit much, but they're doing it to hopefully boost hardware and sell more copies of the game so I can't exactly say I blame them.

Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:
Raziel123 said:

Yes it will.

How?

I agree, but if I've already played the game, I don't like paying for the game again, especially if the game is just a year old.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54