By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VIII is trash

SAid it in the FF7 thread, I'll say it here.

I like all Final Fantasy games, each have the good and bad qualities, sure, but overall, I would class them all above most the games I own.

And FF8 had the best magic system of all of them i think.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Myself... i judge how great a game was by how much of it I remember past all those long years..

I remember FFVI like i played it yesterday, I mean... Kefka dude, I LOATHED that bastard clown.

All i remember from VII was Sephiroth and how i didn't care when Aerith died because i was so into Tifa.

Now, FFVIII I remember almost everything, It's funny though i can't remember the ending.. I know you fight Ultimecia and you kinda have to remember each other.. and after that? what happened?

FFX was great in every way, it's true i played it way later than the others.. but I don't think I'll ever forget some of the scenes.. I Loved Waka and Lulu

FFX-2 was cool, but much less epic, I just remember Rikku was HAWT i never cared about Paine, I've always found Yuna kinda lame (easily the weakest point in FFX)

FFXII is way fresher in my memory... and I really do love it.. but i'm pretty sure i'll end up forgetting most about it.. there is no single character that really moves me (as much as I love Balthier and Fran) they simply are no Cyan, Sabin, Edgar, Tifa, Barret or Quistis. I think it's underrated alright.. but it simply is a great game, just not an unforgettable game.

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

FF 8 is my favorite of the series (along with 7)

Your opinion is not fact...there are people in here that are complimenting 12 and i think its easily the worst of the series but im not going to dig into it

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

In terms of gameplay ff8 was pretty repetitive and boring. I liked ff7 ff9 & ff10 better.

In terms of story, hard to tell i felt it was lacking.

In terms of sidequest nothing extraordinary or fun for me. The best side quests where from ff9. Damn Chocograph hunting was fun for me.

In terms of song(well ff7 didn't really have a song) ff8 has the best song for me. I like it better than ff9 and ff10.

well I haven't touched 12 yet. I'm gonna play it once I have my PS3 with BC. 

That probably sums it up for me.

FFVIII sucked huge donkey balls. I may have made it to disc 2, but I'm not sure I made it that far into the game. The characters were terrible! That game was the beginning of the end of me playing "new" Final Fantasy games. VII was the last one I actually finished all the way through (not counting FF Tactics)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
lolita said:
I absolutely hate FF8 and you putted what I think about it in better words than I could ever use.

The only thing I liked about 8 are the Laguna story parts.

I remember a particular part their and I was pretty much laughing. DON'T WANT TO SPOIL!

Final Fantasy VIII is trash.  There we go.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Damn all this FF talk makes me wanna play FFX... God i need a PS2 NOW! Stupid thing died on me now that i need it :'(

FF8 was the best in the FF series for the PSOne so you're definitely wrong. The character design were more advanced, the storyline was deeper than either 7 or 9 and less cliche than FF7.

What are you looking at, nerd?

^ while it has full BC (60GB) it's Japanese :-S