By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

Driveclub looks a lot more realistic than FH2. Evolution have done an amazing job on the visual front for Driveclub, hats off to them.

Around the Network

I really don't think those treads are helping the gaming industry in any way because it's obvious that Drive Club will maybe look better. But in my opinion gameplay is more important than graphics and we all know what happened to Killzone: Shadow Fall, it looks great, but it's just an average game, and graphics didn't make it a better game!!! Why can't gamers just have fun with the games instead of making these virtual penis fights???

BillyBong said:
Chris Hu said:

It will be a better game no matter what you think check out the metascore for the first game Playground Games has a excellent track record Revolution Studios not so much.  Better yet actually play the first game otherwise you really have no clue what your talking about.

yes.. because metascores and their first game is indicative of how well fh2 will be.. /sarcasm. 

lol.. anyone out there play fh2 and dc yet, please raise your hand.. .. .. .. yup.. noone.

also, a "better" game is purely subjective, so of course you would already think fh2 is a better game as you've already deemed it before release. 

Playground has only released 1 game ever.. Forza Horizon.  sure it got good praise, but that has no bearing on how this next iteration could play out.  could very suck for all we know at this point.  Evolution studios has had a decent track record since 2001 and are known for making good racing games.  seems you could take a cue yourself in your last sentence..

I think you need to look up the metascores of all of Evolution Studios games again their track record is not so stellar.  Also the last time they made a game with real cars was in 2004.

Zekkyou said:

*sigh* right, let me explain this simply (for the 4th time this month ;_;)

Let's use Ryse and Infamous as examples. According to the open world vs linear narrative, Ryse must surely beat out infamous in every respect, no? It does after all only need to render small enclosed areas. There is no way infamous could have better lighting, more advanced particle and physics engines and higher poly characters. That would contradict the circle jerk.

Yet it does. Why? Because infamous being open world is mostly irrelevant. People would be correct in saying that open world games are forced to simplify certain things (such a local geometry, which looks better in Ryse), but those resources don't simply disappear. They can be applied to different things. Likewise, linear games generally have no need for a medium range LOD, which allows them to utilized a HLOD view (which Ryse also does, and very well).

All in all, despite the opposite world designs i consider Ryse and Infamous graphical equals. They are both limited in some respects by their design, but likewise both have advantages because of it.

If the only major reason people can give for an open world game looking almost universally worse than a linear game is its "accessible render distance" then said game is not pushing the hardware enough or the developer lacks the man power to achieve the same results as their competition. It's as simple as that.

DC's render distance is worthy of praise because it is on a very short list of games that utilize a full world render despite it generally being an area linear games can't properly utilize in conjunction with HLOD local geometry (Crysis 3 definitely did it best, but as far as consoles go DC is the best example).

If you still don't understand its relevance after reading this, then we shall simply have to agree to disagree. I can't be bothered with a full argument

Then let us agree to disagree.

I see what you're argument is, and see the credence in it. But we apply completely different weightings to the circumstances, and are unlikely to convince each other

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

In terms of graphics and aesthetics? Driveclub. Forza looks nice too though. In terms of gameplay though...

The Crew

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Forza easily...

Top credibility with your sign.

Anyway, Drive club looks much better, it's a old-gen game versus a pc game, or something close to it.

But i don't really care after all, i don't like racing game. Driveclub has awesome graphics, sure...but it will need a lot more to be a good game.

CDiablo said:
Was driving thorugh a rainstorm today. Can confim both games got the physics wrong. Driveclub has some cool effects though, especially on the asphalt.

both are arcade.

you should keep this comment for forza 6 or gt7

and i dout u were driving a f12

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Their average metascore is 80. How is that 'not stellar'?

Driveclub looks way better but will it be like Forza Horizons 2 Dynamic Weather system? Will the weather change during the race or will it be just rain for the entire race?

DriveClub for sure. DC blurs the line between reality and game, visually speaking. FH2, on the other hand, looks like a game. Not a bad looking game, but still a game. I can't wait to see what the PS4 is pumping out in 2015 and onwards.