By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS + Wii U VS PS4 + Vita

TheBlackNaruto said:
amak11 said:
Reality is setting in for Sony, I don't see them breaking the PS2 off it's throne with the PS4 for a couple reasons, The ps2 came down in price a lot and had several models. eventually getting to that 100 a pop cost. PS4 for the foreseeable future wont see major price changes, mainly because of the cost to keep an ecosystem running. MS knew this well before Sony and is better prepared for it. As for numbers, it won't break the Wii but... yeah. PS Vita is a very niche device and it's own hardware is it's downfall. Too expensive, too difficult (like the PS3) to program for. The fact is mobile games dont have triple A budgets so it makes the hardware useless. 3DS has the advantage here because most games are wrote from scratch for it so it has better compatibility and is easier to program for. Wii U has a wide arrange of supported languages and is very indie friendly. From recent reports, Wii U has been one of the easiest platforms to program for with plenty of potential.

PS4: 98
PSV: 16

Wii U: 28
3DS/2DS: 81

I'm being pretty generous from a programmers standpoint. I would love to create games for the Wii U, if I had the time between life and school

Your first statement makes absolutely NO SENSE. No being funny but what do you mean "Reality is setting in for Sony"? Did they say something would happen or did I miss something? What reality is setting in?Did they claim the PS4 would outsell the PS2? Because to be honest I personally don't see any home console ever outselling the PS2.

The rest of your post no issues lol. That first statement just seemed kind of odd imo.

It's just reality finally hitting. The "launch craze" is over is what I mean. I did claim it won't outsell the PS2, especially with the Xbox One price cut, it solidifies that. Although I do agree with you no home console will ever outsell the PS2. Mainly it was an explination of my numbers. Don't want to be that guy that just post numbers and have no explination for it, lol :) 

Around the Network
amak11 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Your first statement makes absolutely NO SENSE. No being funny but what do you mean "Reality is setting in for Sony"? Did they say something would happen or did I miss something? What reality is setting in?Did they claim the PS4 would outsell the PS2? Because to be honest I personally don't see any home console ever outselling the PS2.

The rest of your post no issues lol. That first statement just seemed kind of odd imo.

It's just reality finally hitting. The "launch craze" is over is what I mean. I did claim it won't outsell the PS2, especially with the Xbox One price cut, it solidifies that. Although I do agree with you no home console will ever outsell the PS2. Mainly it was an explination of my numbers. Don't want to be that guy that just post numbers and have no explination for it, lol :) 

Okay now I got you lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
FromDK said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait wait wait you HONESTLY think that the sales of the Wii U will be EQUAL to that of the PS4?  How? Will the PS4 disapper from the market for a year or two or something? I mean it has already EASILY passed the Wii U and it is not even a year old yet. It is more expensive and has less games and is LITERALLY destroying the Wii U right now. So how in the world will the Wii U reach and tie with the PS4? I am not being funny I am seriously wondering here. 

(first.. you do understand that my estimate are based on how i think thishole gen will be.. not how fast each console get out of the  gate)

OK.. :)

The Ps4 will not disapper from the market.. but (i think) sales will slow (even) more down.. and WiiU will pass in weekly sales. (before this cristmas)

This is based on (for me) the fact that Nintendo offer so much more value and games for the "casual/family" than PS4 and One.

Why I think will take a big piece of the market we call "casuals" (the ones not yet entered this gen.. the +70% of all console/videogame players)

Better price.. better games.. new experinces.. More fun..

Oh yeah I knew you were talking about lifetime so we were clear there lol.

(1)  Okay so you are saying the PS4 will drop more than 50% of it's current sales? Because that is the only way for the Wii U to pass it in weekly sales. I don't see that happening..

(2)  .especially with TLOU of bundle coming, followed by the Driveclub Bundle and the White PS4 Destiny bundle all this year at that. So those will give a nice sales boost.

(3)  And Christmans will be a toss up but even then I still see both the XB1 and the PS4 selling more than the Wii U. Then the PS4 will seel MORE the next two years maybe 3 than it did this year as well.

And yeah Nin does offer more casual/family games than the PS4/XB1 no argument there.

(4)  And the only thing more popular than the PS4 at the moment as far as gaming goes are tablets and phones.

(5)  And the casuals are already here this gen and growing and the sales of the Wii U are still low.

(6)  As for you last point, the Wii U already has a better price and better games yet is CONSISTENTLY getting outsold EASY.

(7)  So that is not helping....more fun all depends on personal preference. And what new experiences does the Wii U offer?

(Don't get me wrong I am not down playing the Wii U because I think it has some very good games. But the reality is there is no logical way for it out of the blue explode in sales.

(8) It already has ALL the advantages that a system could have(first to the market, most/highest rated games and lowest price) to sell the most yet it is not.

I break it down so you can see what i mean.. :)

(1)  No.. that is not the only way.. Examble.. PS4 could go down 25% and WiiU 25% up..

(2)  Thoose games i'm sure will get some more "graphicfans" to enter the gen.. 

(3)  I do not think ps4/one will outsell WiiU this cristmas (and probely not 3DS either)

(4)   look at at 3DS (and that is a handheld even that can sell) there are still a lot of diffence and people know that

(4)   Ps4 is not that "popular" with the casual consumer.. But ok they know "playstation".. But i bet they also knows nintendo, wii and mario?

(5)  And the casuals are NOT here yet.. (only very few) They will start comming know (ps4/one will get some to)

(6)  But the people in the 8 gen until now.. almost laugh of cheap price (casuals do not)

(7)  The "No need for tv/ draw mario games directly/internet surfing/more gameplay possibilitys  second screen (new types of games and gameplay)

(8)  Yes like i said.. Ps4 are selling more at the moment?

I do think casual market had shinked..  But still more than 100 mill people are coming the next 4 years..

People who do not even know it yet.. people where games is just a thing they can play

TheBlackNaruto said:
justgames7604 said:

you talk like black goku, hahaha.

no offense.

That's because it WAS black goku....again lol.....I seriously think that dude needs some help.....he can't stay away lol.

MAI dectuctive skillz 2nd to none.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

There is no way the PS4 alone will outsell the 3DSWii U or 3DSWii UVita as a few here are saying. If you want to argue with this then present an argue instead of just saying it.

Around the Network
Twilord said:

So would anyone like to make any guesses of how many total units both dual-systems ecosystems will sell.

Is 3DS + Wii U an ecosystem?

How?

justgames7604 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

That's because it WAS black goku....again lol.....I seriously think that dude needs some help.....he can't stay away lol.

MAI dectuctive skillz 2nd to none.

Indeed lol

FromDK said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
FromDK said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Oh yeah I knew you were talking about lifetime so we were clear there lol.

(1)  Okay so you are saying the PS4 will drop more than 50% of it's current sales? Because that is the only way for the Wii U to pass it in weekly sales. I don't see that happening..

(2)  .especially with TLOU of bundle coming, followed by the Driveclub Bundle and the White PS4 Destiny bundle all this year at that. So those will give a nice sales boost.

(3)  And Christmans will be a toss up but even then I still see both the XB1 and the PS4 selling more than the Wii U. Then the PS4 will seel MORE the next two years maybe 3 than it did this year as well.

And yeah Nin does offer more casual/family games than the PS4/XB1 no argument there.

(4)  And the only thing more popular than the PS4 at the moment as far as gaming goes are tablets and phones.

(5)  And the casuals are already here this gen and growing and the sales of the Wii U are still low.

(6)  As for you last point, the Wii U already has a better price and better games yet is CONSISTENTLY getting outsold EASY.

(7)  So that is not helping....more fun all depends on personal preference. And what new experiences does the Wii U offer?

(Don't get me wrong I am not down playing the Wii U because I think it has some very good games. But the reality is there is no logical way for it out of the blue explode in sales.

(8) It already has ALL the advantages that a system could have(first to the market, most/highest rated games and lowest price) to sell the most yet it is not.

I break it down so you can see what i mean.. :)

(1)  No.. that is not the only way.. Examble.. PS4 could go down 25% and WiiU 25% up..

(2)  Thoose games i'm sure will get some more "graphicfans" to enter the gen.. 

(3)  I do not think ps4/one will outsell WiiU this cristmas (and probely not 3DS either)

(4)   look at at 3DS (and that is a handheld even that can sell) there are still a lot of diffence and people know that

(4)   Ps4 is not that "popular" with the casual consumer.. But ok they know "playstation".. But i bet they also knows nintendo, wii and mario?

(5)  And the casuals are NOT here yet.. (only very few) They will start comming know (ps4/one will get some to)

(6)  But the people in the 8 gen until now.. almost laugh of cheap price (casuals do not)

(7)  The "No need for tv/ draw mario games directly/internet surfing/more gameplay possibilitys  second screen (new types of games and gameplay)

(8)  Yes like i said.. Ps4 are selling more at the moment?

I do think casual market had shinked..  But still more than 100 mill people are coming the next 4 years..

People who do not even know it yet.. people where games is just a thing they can play

Okay I can see what you mean but....what is going to cause such a sudden and continuous increase in Wii U sales? And why would the PS4 drop off?  That's what I can't understand I guess. No other game not even SSB is as big as MK and MK8 did VERY nice for about a month(console sales wise the game legs are still very sexy though lol) but now it is dropping back down. And the PS4  has yet to realease any of their BIG games and have yet to have a pricecut. While the Wii U has essentially had both of those things happen. I don't know man I guess I just can't see what you are using to see the Wii U explode and the PS4 drop off.

I guess time will tell how things play out. This is indeed very early in the gen and anything can happen. 

Xenobot said:
Twilord said:

So would anyone like to make any guesses of how many total units both dual-systems ecosystems will sell.

How?

Because they share first-party franchises, the Mii-Verse, and eShop credit. Not to mention we've already seen games that work in conjunction with their couterparts on the other. Smash Bros and the eventual Pokemon Stadium style game being good examples of whats to come with Monster-Hunter and Sonic Lost World already have tapped into that.

Did you really not know?

Twilord said:
Xenobot said:
Twilord said:

How?

Because they share first-party franchises, the Mii-Verse, and eShop credit. Not to mention we've already seen games that work in conjunction with their couterparts on the other. Smash Bros and the eventual Pokemon Stadium style game being good examples of whats to come with Monster-Hunter and Sonic Lost World already have tapped into that.

Did you really not know?

I own 3DS + Wii U and PS4/PS3+PSVITA. But how to use Mario 3D World and Mario 3D Land together? I don't know.
PS4/PS3 and PSVita share online account. PSone titles work on both PS3/PSVita. That is clear for me. Some games on Playstation are cross platform (like Guacamelee, Superfrog HD) with cloud saves.

So - I should use one nintendo ID?

Does Virtual Consol titles work on both 3DS and Wii U like PSone titles on PS3/Vita?

Are there some sort of "cross buy"/"cross playable games" on Nintendo systems?