By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could this be the storm that stops PS from making money?

Tamron said:
VanceIX said:
It wasn't that horribly bad, last I heard. There was one death and a ton of flights were cancelled, but it wasn't too horribly bad.

I could be wrong though, a lot could of happened since I last heard.

It missed Okinawa by 250-300 miles and still caused damage, it's currently projected to pass directly over tokyo, the eye of the storm itself, and pass over my house by about 10 miles.

I guess i'll provide some live coverage on here when it reaches tokyo on friday.

Thanks. It's helpful hearing from someone who's living there.

Hope you make it safely through the storm.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

View from my window, yesteday was blue skies, today is a thick sauce of impending doom.

Because of the location (up on a hill) will be moving temporarilly to our old place in a slightly better (storm wise) location later today for the sake of saftey.

Humid as hell, foggy and wet, not a single bit of wind right now, all the hallmarks of a really bad situation brewing.

Tamron said:

View from my window, yesteday was blue skies, today is a thick sauce of impending doom.

Because of the location (up on a hill) will be moving temporarilly to our old place in a slightly better (storm wise) location later today for the sake of saftey.

Humid as hell, foggy and wet, not a single bit of wind right now, all the hallmarks of a really bad situation brewing.

Wow, that does look pretty bad. Is there a bunch of traffic with people evacuating?

VanceIX said:

Wow, that does look pretty bad. Is there a bunch of traffic with people evacuating?

Not currently, no doubt will be by thursday night, generally though people here stay pretty level headed, back when we had the tsunami people litterally stood on the beaches calmly recording the tides washing cars, houses and anything in it's path away.

Tamron said:
VanceIX said:

Not currently, no doubt will be by thursday night, generally though people here stay pretty level headed, back when we had the tsunami people litterally stood on the beaches calmly recording the tides washing cars, houses and anything in it's path away.

In the USA (I live in Florida), we had a bunch of hurricanes in 2004, and so a lot of people were evacuating the state at the same time. Pretty hectic.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

In the USA (I live in Florida), we had a bunch of hurricanes in 2004, and so a lot of people were evacuating the state at the same time. Pretty hectic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YOXVlPUu4

They get pretty scared but.. weirdly when the water comes over the barrier and starts washing cars, trucks and even buildings away, they stay pretty damn calm

Japanese are weird like that

Ka-pi96 said:
PS will still make money. The typhoon won't affect Europe or the US where it is selling or China where it is being made.

This. Nothing to see here people.

torok said:
They said it about the TVs. Not even an asteroid would make the PS division bleed money with the PS4 selling like it is.

Unless an asteroid that wipes out humanity hits Earth :P

Tamron said:
VanceIX said:
It wasn't that horribly bad, last I heard. There was one death and a ton of flights were cancelled, but it wasn't too horribly bad.

I could be wrong though, a lot could of happened since I last heard.

It missed Okinawa by 250-300 miles and still caused damage, it's currently projected to pass directly over tokyo, the eye of the storm itself, and pass over my house by about 10 miles.

I guess i'll provide some live coverage on here when it reaches tokyo on friday.

Storm itself is over 1200km from end to end, with the eye being around 50km in diameter.

Damn. I hope it ends up dying before causing anymore damage. Good luck to ypu indeed. I live in Mass and we dont have to really worry about anything here. Just gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. 

I would be amazed if their TV division made money. It would be a surprise considering they've had so many years in the red for the TV division. I believe they wanted to focus on 4k TVs which doesn't seem like a money maker to me considering most people aren't going to drop that kind of money for 4K TV when they can get a good LCD or LED TV for way less.  It would be like focusing on 3D TVs a few years ago.