By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - For all my music people < 3

sundin13 said:
DerpSandwich said:

You know, I feel like I'm the only QOTSA fan out there that really doesn't like Like Clockwork, and I'm really disappointed about that.  The direction they went in sounds like a great thing on paper, and I even had the opportunity to see them perform these new songs live, but no matter what I do I just can't seem to get into it.  They're just weak, long, uninteresting songs to me.  In previous albums it's like they had their up songs sprinkled with down songs, which was cool, but in Like Clockwork they're almost all down songs, which bores me something fierce.  I feel like the best songs from the album are only as good as the weakest songs from other albums.

I'm super happy that everyone else is enjoying it so much though.  My wife listened to the album on repeat for weeks, and everyone else I know loves it to pieces.  It's a little like a party where everyone in the world goes and has a great time, and I can't go because they've got a cat and I'm allergic.  It's completely awesome that it's such a hit, no hard feelings or anything, but every time I try to sneak in for a bit I just can't enjoy myself.  Oh well, that's life.

I think that is because it isn't really for QOTSA fans...I wouldn't have called myself a fan before that album, which is why I loved Like Clockwork so much. They aren't the tight, groove-y songs that QOTSA often made in the past and they have a very different style. It is unfortunate that you can't get behind it like everyone else, but I'm not surprised that there are some disillusioned QOTSA fans out there...

Maybe this will be better for you...Truckfighters' "Gravity X" album is quite possibly my favorite Desert Rock album of all time, with some grooves that remind me of some old QOTSA stuff (and Kyuss, Mastodon and whatnot). Brilliant album through and through. Unfortunately, their albums are progressively moving in the direction of Psychadelic rock which really isn't my thing, but Gravity X is killer...Check it out if you haven't yet ^.^

Hey, not bad!  I'll have to give these guys a deeper listen sometime.  Thanks!  :)

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
ps4tw said:
"All my music people"? I really don't think they are "your" people....

Excuse me? Who tinkled in your fruit loops this morning?

Zayn, obviously. 

Ps3 said:
Thanks for all the positive comments, guys! I'm just glad we're all getting along. :)

Hey now,I listened to your song (even though I despise country) and provided an opinion, I expect a review of mine! ( I even used a female singer)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Sorry for being so late lol i was on holiday

R5 - One Last Dance

didn't know about the artist before but the song sounds promising and i love the guitar in it. Even though it didn't get stuck in my head right away i still like it overall!
here's a song i'm obsessed with its my jam atm: Becky G - Shower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyYgdrPU-9A

Also sorry for being late, was working a summer job with no internet:

Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin' On

Although I liked the overall message and song, one of the singer's just had a voice that came off as irritating to me; maybe it's just because I'm not used to that pitch and I'm up late though, so perhaps it'll grow on me.

Here's a mashup of songs I keep going back to: 

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS