By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

DerNebel said:
DonFerrari said:

owww man I have no doubt UC4 will profit (maybe not much because of small base at the release), just saying that the remaster will pay the company bills while UC4 don't launch.

People just like to whine about things that don't comply with what he wants... Like all companies should just release the games he wants.

I think Uncharted 4 will release holiday 2015 and by then the PS4s install base should be close to 30mil, I'll be honestly surprised if Uncharted 4 doesn't have the strongest Uncharted launch ever. I predicted 2.1mil first week so I think it should profit a lot.

Maybe they release it during summer... but if Sony still haven't release a great number of exclusives and the multiplats evolve the normal way then UC4 will be so ahead graphically that I don't doubt a giant opening.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
DerNebel said:
DonFerrari said:

owww man I have no doubt UC4 will profit (maybe not much because of small base at the release), just saying that the remaster will pay the company bills while UC4 don't launch.

People just like to whine about things that don't comply with what he wants... Like all companies should just release the games he wants.

I think Uncharted 4 will release holiday 2015 and by then the PS4s install base should be close to 30mil, I'll be honestly surprised if Uncharted 4 doesn't have the strongest Uncharted launch ever. I predicted 2.1mil first week so I think it should profit a lot.

Maybe they release it during summer... but if Sony still haven't release a great number of exclusives and the multiplats evolve the normal way then UC4 will be so ahead graphically that I don't doubt a giant opening.

That's of course a possibility, but I'm taking the placeholder release date on the PSN store (12/31/2015) as a sign that this is planned as a the PS4s big holiday title next year. But we'll see, even in the summer I think the game would post huge numbers.

I loved The Last of Us, one of the best Game I have ever played. I will buy it on PS4, also for the DLC I didn't play on PS3.  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

DerNebel said:
DonFerrari said:
DerNebel said:

That's of course a possibility, but I'm taking the placeholder release date on the PSN store (12/31/2015) as a sign that this is planned as a the PS4s big holiday title next year. But we'll see, even in the summer I think the game would post huge numbers.

As I remember ND uses to release on summer, it gives more visibility and helps keep the sales higher than the normal summer drought... anyway with 20M on Summer or 30M on Holiday the game will be great and I'll buy it =] if on the summer I'll get it earlier hhehehehehehe.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
DerNebel said:

As I remember ND uses to release on summer, it gives more visibility and helps keep the sales higher than the normal summer drought... anyway with 20M on Summer or 30M on Holiday the game will be great and I'll buy it =] if on the summer I'll get it earlier hhehehehehehe.

I'd love summer as well, but all Uncharted games have been holiday titles up till now, so I think this will as well, but we'll see.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
DonFerrari said:
DerNebel said:

I'd love summer as well, but all Uncharted games have been holiday titles up till now, so I think this will as well, but we'll see.

If it releases on summer, there is more chance that I can buy it cheaper on holidays,

DonFerrari said:

Honestly, I think money aside, it's more for the team to have gotten their hands on the hardware and put it into use with a game that was already technically brilliant, to see what more they could do.  That, will be far more beneficial to UC4 (and we've already heard word from ND that it's done precisely that).

Other opinion don't count for me, and this game worth for me , its why i am buying. TLOU:R.

DarkD said:
DakonBlackblade said:
DarkD said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Well if ppl buy it than its worth if, if ppl dont buy it it isnt. A retarded videogames reporter saying its not worth it wont change ppls perception. Its that simple.

He's saying that it's a slap in the face to people who bought the PS3 version.  If they had known that a PS4 version of the game was in the works, they would have held off buying the game.  This is a cash grab from Sony plain and simple.  That's what the article is stating...

This makes absolute no sense the Ps3 game was great, I dont feel cheated at all for having played it. Theyre remastering a masterpiece for ppl who havent had the chance to play it on Ps3 or for ppl who want to play it again. This slap in the face crap is just some crazy sense of entitlement ppl seen to have nowadays. However feels it isnt worth it just dont buy the game.

The existence of a remaster TLOU for PS4 doesnt detract in the excitment I had playing ti on PS3 one bit, so this argument that its a "slap in the face"is moot. And if I knew in advance that a remastered version would be released for PS4 Id have got the PS3 version anyway, heck if I would wait 1 year to play such a great game.

Well normally a company with something amazing and memorable to remaster will wait a couple of generations first then remaster it for people who never played the original.  Take The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, they waited 2 generations to remaster it rather than just a year.  That's because there's a whole generation of gamers out there that had never played that masterpiece.  Take Age of Empires 2, they remade that after well over 10 years.  However for TLOU its not the same because there is hardly anyone who hasn't played it who has a PS4.  

Why this is a problem is imagine this, rather than coming out with new games every generation, what if half their games were just remakes of their hits from last year....  Isn't that what Sony fans always accuse Nintendo of?  Only instead of just making new installments of the same series every year, now they're just remaking the same game every year.  

Yes I admit that remakes take far less effort to make, however it still eats up resources.  If this was such a great idea, why don't we have a FF7 remake?  or a MGS remake? or a GTA3 remake?  why because its not a great idea, it eats up resources that could go to something else with new features.  

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes?

Then again, before MGS4, every game in the Solid series was re-released with a little extra "umph".

Well GTAV has a reason, it looks like ass on PS3 and 360. Besides, I only double dip when it comes to PC versions so yeah. GTAV PC is waiting for me.