By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

I'll honestly be surprised if this sells as well as people are thinking it will. HD remakes never sell that well in relation to the first release. It's usually something like 20% give or take. Maybe they'll get a million or so out of this?

It's definitely worth it to Sony because it's a cheap way to make a few bucks. It's not worth it to me because I'm not going to pay anywhere close to full price for a good looking game I've already experienced to look a little prettier. 60 frames per second will change literally zero about TLoU outside of looking smoother.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
DonFerrari said:

http://www.gamersbliss.com/2014/07/04/the-last-of-us-remastered-worth-it/

It reeks of fanboyism "The Last of Us is stepping over a very blurred line of purity". While recognizing Tomb Raider and GTA5 is doing it, but only TLOU isn't worthy and is almost a crime. Then use the excuse that re-releasing the game for US$50,00 as most GOTY games do that and never saw anyone complaining... why don't he also complain about Nintendo IPs that after 5 years don't drop in price?

Is everybody so afraid that TLOU could sell an extra million and pay the bills of the development of UC4?

Nintendo IP not dropping in price is something you should PRAISE not COMPLAIN about. Anybody tha does complain has serious issues. The whole industry would be better if they would not make games that compete with last years games and therefore force them to drop in price.

The whole 3 month succes OR failure  mentality would vanish and people would start to make games with substance again.

I put the Nintendo part just because I saw several Nintendo supporters complaining about TLOU:R releasing for U$50,00 but never complain about the price of nintendo IPs dropping... the price holding for 6 months 1 year is very positive of the healthy of the game, the price holding for 5 years and stock manipulation isn't.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JazzB1987 said:
DonFerrari said:

It reeks of fanboyism "The Last of Us is stepping over a very blurred line of purity". While recognizing Tomb Raider and GTA5 is doing it, but only TLOU isn't worthy and is almost a crime. Then use the excuse that re-releasing the game for US$50,00 as most GOTY games do that and never saw anyone complaining... why don't he also complain about Nintendo IPs that after 5 years don't drop in price?

Is everybody so afraid that TLOU could sell an extra million and pay the bills of the development of UC4?

Nintendo IP not dropping in price is something you should PRAISE not COMPLAIN about. Anybody tha does complain has serious issues. The whole industry would be better if they would not make games that compete with last years games and therefore force them to drop in price.

The whole 3 month succes OR failure  mentality would vanish and people would start to make games with substance again.

Yeah, the whole industry would be better if nobody competed with anyone, cause as we know competition is poison for the customers. Anybody that thinks that it's praiseworthy that Mario Kart Wii is still over $30 after 6 years has serious issues.

I think that if people already played the PS3 version, then there is no reason to buy the PS4 version anyways, and for the new players on PS4, no matter if they got fucked over on the price or not, it's worth it. I give no props for the people that are buying the PS4 version after having played the PS3 version with DLC etc though, waste and bad management of money.

DerNebel said:
JazzB1987 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, the whole industry would be better if nobody competed with anyone, cause as we know competition is poison for the customers. Anybody that thinks that it's praiseworthy that Mario Kart Wii is still over $30 after 6 years has serious issues.

It is praiseworthy for nintendo. MKWii outsells many games still at that price. Pokemon games have never went under $20, yet it outsells many games as well.

Edit:  Itz the same with sony on Hardware. People still buying ps2 for all the years and even ps3 now. Sony+Nintendo making money

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
A lot of people are being over dramatic about the "hate" the game is getting. There'd be a lot less of the "hate" if there weren't so many threads trying to convince everyone the upgrade is worth it. So this article is written by someone who doesn't think its worth it. Cool. Are 5 million sales or a 99 metascore going to change his mind? No. Its just his opinion.

There wouldn't be so many people trying to convince everyone, if there weren't so many people that act as if people are stupid for being excited about this Remaster or take it as another point that shows that the "PS4 has no gaemz".

And yet we wouldn't hear about this "hate" if it weren't for all these threads desperately trying to convince us the game is "worth it".

And why do people hold Nintendo prices against them? Yeah Mario Kart is $30 after years in the market. And Last of Us hit that mark on PS3 in less than one year. If Sony sold enough and marketed well enough that people would buy the PS3 version at $40-50 still, it would be $40-50.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
ZombieVito said:
Lets see:

The Last of Us: 40
Left Behind: 15
Abandon Territories map pack: 10
Reclaimed Territories map pack: 10

You will need 75 bucks to get everything the PS4 version is offering and you will still be stuck at 720p/30fps.

50 is a steal. Stop whining.

On the contrary, this is an excellent reason to "whine".

DerNebel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Rumors obviously don't count. Anyone can start a rumor, while only Sony can make official announcements.

From what I've heard Rockstar was never hiding the fact that they were willing to make a PS4/XOne version of GTA V.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-PS4-So-Fast-Rockstar-Says-58643.html

Thanks for the link. As it turns out Rockstar is no better.

Getting all the content for 25 dlls less and with 1080p/60fps is reason to whine? Seriously WTF?

ErwinMoC said:
I think that the game runs @60FPS is worth it for a lot of people (PC Gamers mostly).

I couldn't enjoy the original because I had hard time shooting accurately with the choppy framerates on the PS3. The part of game where you get hung upside down and had to shoot clickers in the head before getting killed was too frustrating just tryng over and over and not making the shots due to the choppy framerates.

So I sold my TLOU PS3 copy way back. I am willing to give it another go if they have fixed the framerate issues and as result it controls better and lets me enjoy the story more.

DerNebel said:
JazzB1987 said:
DonFerrari said:

You know what would be better? if you would at least try to understand a reply before you answer or whatever this is what you did  just saying :)

I gave an example for it being better you on the other hand just disagreed for the sake of disagreeing  well done. I am proud of you!

Also none said that competition is poison for the customers stop jumping to conclusions.

cusman said:
ErwinMoC said:
I think that the game runs @60FPS is worth it for a lot of people (PC Gamers mostly).

I couldn't enjoy the original because I had hard time shooting accurately with the choppy framerates on the PS3. The part of game where you get hung upside down and had to shoot clickers in the head before getting killed was too frustrating just tryng over and over and not making the shots due to the choppy framerates.

So I sold my TLOU PS3 copy way back. I am willing to give it another go if they have fixed the framerate issues and as result it controls better and lets me enjoy the story more.

Considering millions beat the game do you really think "choppy frame rates" is what held you back and not just user error?

Editted because it came out sounding harsher than I meant.