By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Final Fantasy VII is Still the Best RPG Ever Made

Anfebious said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Going to play FFVII again. This will be 12th time. Its epic everytime! Best FF, and rpg.

I always wondered... Where is that sig from?

kung fu hustle (2004)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

It's a great game, but I don't consider it as the best rpg. IMO, FF X takes the crown.

deskpro2k3 said:

kung fu hustle (2004)

Thanks!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Oh and I know I sound like a broken record, but please obscure the spoiler in the OP.

I realize the game is 17 years old and I understand people should know better than to enter a thread about a game they've never played, but no one deserves to have a game spoiled.

I noticed it now, I'll change it right away. Thanks!

Thanks  

vivster said:

Too bad I couldn't give two shits about any of the characters. That's why for me it's one of the most boring FFs ever. Not even making my top 5 FFs.

Except Tifa of course but she already got 2 strong arguments for her by default that have nothing to do with the game.

Those two arguments are the only reason why I beat the game, so I think they have a lot to do with the game. In fact I feel it's one of the main reasons why this game is heralded as the best RPG ever made

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
kekrot said:
I don't know everything about FFVII since it has many complex options you can play with if you're very familiar with the game. But I love the Materia system.

Any other RPGs that has something similar? I'd like to try another game like that system. Overall I like FFVII very much, one of my favourite RPG games. I haven't played many other games in the series though, only I, II, VI, VIII and XIII. Haven't finished any other than VII either.

Many RPG's have far better customization that FF7, but for one with a materia-like system there's path of exile. Not really a console RPG though.

Yeah i would say Pokemon has that. Bigger impact, much more relevant, and has stood the test of time.

it's a great game but far from the best, just in the Final Fantasy Franchise alone FFVI and FFIX outclass it in my opinion.
In my opinion Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 2 and 3, Suikoden 1 and 2, Grandia and Lufia 2 are all better as well.
I love the game but i can't really see it as being than any of the games i mentioned above.

vivster said:

Too bad I couldn't give two shits about any of the characters. That's why for me it's one of the most boring FFs ever. Not even making my top 5 FFs.

Except Tifa of course but she already got 2 strong arguments for her by default that have nothing to do with the game.

Tifa wouldn't be one of my favorite FF characters ever if those two very convincing arguments wouldn't exist!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Anfebious said:
vivster said:

Those two arguments are the only reason why I beat the game, so I think they have a lot to do with the game. In fact I feel it's one of the main reasons why this game is heralded as the best RPG ever made

Yes. Tifa is the best RPG ever made. People would've played the game if it was just Tifa on a blank surface, black background and doing nothing in her blocky awesomeness and still heralded it as the best game ever..

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.