By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED: Airtight games, developer of Murdered: Soul Suspect, collapses

They had 3 or more chances, and they made 3 way below average games. Don't surprise me.

Around the Network

Quintonmcleod appears to be a very bold poster....

Intrinsic said:
My only question is this.... and I sincerely hope someone can answer this.

The second I saw thier last game I knew it was going to bomb. And that was just by watching vids of it. Most people just dismissed it too. The game just lacked that something... yet it was demanding AAA pricing. I believe a good game will sell itself regardless. Slower without heavy marketing, but it will sell well over a year if its a great game.

So my question is this.

Is at that these devs that make these games haven't/don't play other games? Good games? Is it that they don't know when what they have is a turd during all those months developing it? Or is it that they somehow hope no one will notice?

Developing big games is an increadibly complex task involving dozzens or even hundreds of people across several years. It can be months before you even see a very basic prototype on a screen, and different parts of a game come together at different times. A game usually won't be fully playable from start to end until the last ~6 months of development and even then it will be filled with placeholder content and bugs. Even the best games are usually a complete mess until they go into final stretch. And until you get to the end everyone is hopeing it will all come together and become great in the end, that doesn't alyways happen for a veriaty of reasons. It can be a lack of money and resources, technical limitations, a rushed development, a lack of leadership or just a lack of talent in the team. But whatever the reason you won't know for sure until it's almost done and then it's usually too late to make it right. unless you are someone like Valve or Blizzard etc that can afford to keep delaying or even throw everything out and start over until they get it right.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I guess the company wasn't 'airtight' enough.

Sleepyprince said:
They had 3 or more chances, and they made 3 way below average games. Don't surprise me.

Quantum Conundrum wasn't that bad.  Wasn't that good either though, so yeah.