By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

infamous second son for social internet hype
titanfall for media hype

hope destiny wont beat titanfall.

i miss all the hype and love for evolve :(

Around the Network
phaedruss said:

Give me some examples of something ambitious in scope and groundbreaking.

Wii Sports, WiiFit, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Brain Age, Nintendogs etc... Just because its not hardcore, doesnt mean it didnt do anything for the industry...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Wii Sports, WiiFit, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Brain Age, Nintendogs etc... Just because its not hardcore, doesnt mean it didnt do anything for the industry...

Haha ok. Sorry but if that's what you call ambitious or groundbreaking then I really don't know what to say to you.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Haha ok. Sorry but if that's what you call ambitious or groundbreaking then I really don't know what to say to you.

Ok, what has Sony and MS done?........didnt think so.

phaedruss said:

I absolutely agree, Nintendo is good at what they do, but their games aren't overly ambitious or groundbreaking and haven't been for a decade or so.

I agree.  Nintendo has what you could call "safe" franchises.. meaning franchises that are marketable and will sell well.. but nothing in their franchise of late screams ambitious or innovative.  Nintendo consumers basically know what they are going to get with each iteration of SSB, Zelda, DK, MK, SMB, Kirby's, Yoshi, Metroid, etc.. sure sometimes they throw in a new wrinkle or two, but Ninty's formula doesn't change.. the games play the same.  not hating.

OT - Titanfall.. which had so much hype pushed down people's throats from every game media outlet towards the launch date and has basically been super silent 1 month post launch...

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Ok, what has Sony and MS done?........didnt think so.

Not just Sony or MS, but everyone else. Bigger worlds, more complex games. There's Fallout: New Vegas with having the most lines of dialogue plus many different choices for the player to make within the main story and also different paths and choices in quests, etc. The scope of games like Watch Dogs and GTA V, Demons' Souls and Dark Souls melee combat plus Dark Souls' world design. Games like the Witcher 2 with its narrative choices, games like Minecraft and EVE online. Portal 2, even games like LoL though I personally don't care for it much. The oculus Rift with games like EVE Valkyrie along with Project Morpheus. Upcoming games like No Man's Sky with its completely procedurally generated universe where you can make your own path by being a bounty hunter and a trader or whatever and no two excperiences are the same. Kerbal Space Program with its physics and building system.

phaedruss said:

Not just Sony or MS, but everyone else. Bigger worlds, more complex games. There's Fallout: New Vegas with having the most lines of dialogue plus many different choices for the player to make within the main story and also different paths and choices in quests, etc. The scope of games like Watch Dogs and GTA V, Demons' Souls and Dark Souls melee combat plus Dark Souls' world design. Games like the Witcher 2 with its narrative choices, games like Minecraft and EVE online. Portal 2, even games like LoL though I personally don't care for it much. The oculus Rift with games like EVE Valkyrie along with Project Morpheus. Upcoming games like No Man's Sky with its completely procedurally generated universe where you can make your own path by being a bounty hunter and a trader or whatever and no two excperiences are the same. Kerbal Space Program with its physics and building system.

Yeah, bigger world? Great.

Helping people get fit and live longer? lol not enough shootengs...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

*thumbs up*

I don't need a video game to get fit personally. Bigger world was just part of what I was saying by the way.

phaedruss said:

*thumbs up*

I don't need a video game to get fit personally. Bigger world was just part of what I was saying by the way.

You dont see anything unless its made for you. I like to see the whole picture.

KLXVER said:

i will say the only real innovate thing to come out of Nintendo was motion controls. but to be fair, most motion controlled games suck ass, felt gimmicky, or didn't leave a lasting appeal.. the best games to still come out for the wii/wiiU are the ones that didn't require motion controls.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..