By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

*thumbs up*

I don't need a video game to get fit personally. Bigger world was just part of what I was saying by the way.

You dont see anything unless its made for you. I like to see the whole picture.

That's not true. I mentioned a few games that I don't personally play or like all that much. I'm sure others could come up with more games and developers, I just don't see what is groundbreaking about putting yoga moves into a game, it's just a way to sell an accessory.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Give me some examples of something ambitious in scope and groundbreaking.

Wii Sports, WiiFit, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Brain Age, Nintendogs etc... Just because its not hardcore, doesnt mean it didnt do anything for the industry...

Haha ok. Sorry but if that's what you call ambitious or groundbreaking then I really don't know what to say to you.

Ok, what has Sony and MS done?........didnt think so.

Take a look at God Of War III and Gran Turismo.

Ok this is just getting ridiculous. If I continue this discussion, Ill probably get banned.....again.

Titanfall was easily the most over-hyped so far.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

"Probably Titanfall"

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Titanfall, it was fun and all but not the magnum opus of this generation as it was made up to be. The game was not a "game changer" and the $60 pricetag did not justify the amount of content you got with the game.

Watch Dogs it should be re-named GTA- Windy City Hacker s

prinz_valium said:

infamous second son for social internet hype
titanfall for media hype

hope destiny wont beat titanfall.

i miss all the hype and love for evolve :(

Hope Destiny won't beat Titanfall? The ALPHA already has. Gaf went from 4/10 meh to 9/10 GOTY after getting a real taste of it. The Beta opens up Mars to playable this month.

Watch Dogs PS4 alone already beat Titanfall sales in 1/4 of the time, Destiny will do it on the first week alone. By Xmas Destiny will have 10x the playercount of Titanfall. And it will sell a ton of PS4s and some XB1s as well.

Titanfall was a flash in the pan rushed half-game (to put it mildly) that barely registered any system sales at all, all after the most inescapable hype machine, advertising blitz, and packing it in for free AND discounting $50 off the system to boot.

In the context of sales for existing XB1 owners, it sold great. Problem was, everyone excited for TF already had bought an XB1 for the most part. 

In the context of its hype, advertising budget, free giveaway with the system, system discount, it was an absolutely dismal failure. Gaf threads already talking about the player count disappating on XB1, it's already gone on PC, and by the holidays it will be well and truly dead. COD:AW, Destiny, and MCC will ensure that fate. The only title that can eclipse Titanfall's failure imho is BF:HL, which is just EA being derps and slapping the Battlefield name on a cheap knockoff not even made by Dice. It will be garbage, get critically panned, and fail harder than the last MOH did. And I actually like BF3/BF4.

Arkaign said:
prinz_valium said:

blabla

wtf? this thread is called overhyped game of the year

so i hope all the hype for destiny is not only a "gamers dream bubble"

u know what i mean?

who is talking about sales in this thread?

Ah, then have no fear, basically everyone other than a minute number of people who played the Alpha have been shocked at how good Destiny is, and that's with a microscopic taste of it compared to the scale of the final game.