By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

Ucell said:
KLXVER said:
Ucell said:

I disagree. There games are some of the better from Japan, but compared to western developers their games are, not trying to offend here, crap.

lol no...

I do think so, and many others share my feelings obviously, which is why all their consoles having only first-party games for the most part have sold terribly compared to competitors.

Yeah, look at Metacritic and this site and youll see that Nintendo games are just as great and popular as most western games.

Around the Network

Am I the only person who doesn't think Watch Dogs was overhyped at all? Over-advertised? Absolutely! But I didn't see the levels of "OMG this game is going to change the way people play open-world games!" type of comments as consistently as I did for Titanfall and the FPS genre...

KLXVER said:
Ucell said:
KLXVER said:
Ucell said:

I disagree. There games are some of the better from Japan, but compared to western developers their games are, not trying to offend here, crap.

lol no...

I do think so, and many others share my feelings obviously, which is why all their consoles having only first-party games for the most part have sold terribly compared to competitors.

Yeah, look at Metacritic and this site and youll see that Nintendo games are just as great and popular as most western games.

I don't agree with many Metacritic aggregate scores. And VGC community's thoughts doesn't equal to the real world's thoughts.

Btw people have been wrong here in many cases, and I think they are definitely wrong with this 'Nintendo is the best-of-the-best' thoughts.

Ucell said:

I don't agree with many Metacritic aggregate scores. And VGC community's thoughts doesn't equal to the real world's thoughts.

Btw people have been wrong here in many cases, and I think they are definitely wrong with this 'Nintendo is the best-of-the-best' thoughts.

Yeah, Im not saying they are the best of the best, but they are one of the best developers imo.

Ucell said:
KLXVER said:
Ucell said:
KLXVER said:
Ucell said:

lol no...

I absolutely agree, Nintendo is good at what they do, but their games aren't overly ambitious or groundbreaking and haven't been for a decade or so.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:

I absolutely agree, Nintendo is good at what they do, but their games aren't overly ambitious or groundbreaking and haven't been for a decade or so.

You havent owned a Nintendo console for a while, have you? Because that statement is just ridiculous.

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

You havent owned a Nintendo console for a while, have you? Because that statement is just ridiculous.

I own a wii and a wii u, so yea.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Then you should actually play them and not talk nonsense...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Then you should actually play them and not talk nonsense...

Give me some examples of something ambitious in scope and groundbreaking.

All the big exclusives, so Titanfall, Infamous, and even Mario Kart 8. Destiny will be the most overhyped game of the year though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54