By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo Go Handheld Only?

SHOULD THEY?

Yes 48 18.25%

Nope 214 81.37%

Total:262

Ever since the N64, the sales of Nintendo handhelds have been significantly higher then the consoles (with the exception of the Wii and DS)

Seriously, look

SNES: 50m

N64: 32m, GB+GBC: 118m

GC: 22m, GBA: 88m

WiiU: 6m, 3DS: 44m

It would be intresting if they made handheld exclusives but have Mario and other Nintendo games on consoles

I really would not care if they did

Around the Network

Nope.

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

No, the 3DS runs extremely bad compared to any former Nintendo handheld.

Did you leave out the DS and Wii lol? Also should you add the SNES sales to the N64 given the fact the gameboy existed during both of those consoles complete lives?

It wasn't too big of a difference in the 5th gen either. That 118m is covering the 4th and 5th gen handhelds. I'd guess it's somewhere around 70-80m GB / 38-48m GBC.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

Jesus Christ, that would be the worst. I don't want to play smash on Sony or Microsoft machines. Because that's what's going to happen.

Or maybe that would be a good thing. Look at how Nintendo is teaming up with Namco and we have all 4 big names together finally.

NO!

RolStoppable said:
No, they should not. They just need to slap some sense into Miyamoto and they will be good to go.

Completely agree with this.

Unless Rol was sarcastic.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No, I love Nintendo consoles. They always try something different and normally make it work

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018