By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weekly global 21 June: XBOX ONE increase again

Puppyroach said:

That a more valid comparison is:

Wii - PS4 (market leader)

360 - WiiU (second place)

PS3 - X1 (third place)

At the moment people are comparing this generations market leader to the 3d placed console in 7th generation.

Because it doesn't matter where the consoles ended, it matters where they were at the time.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Puppyroach said:

PS3 - X1 (third place)

At the moment people are comparing this generations market leader to the 3d placed console in 7th generation.

Because it doesn't matter where the consoles ended, it matters where they were at the time.

Which is precisely my point?

nice PS4 still above Xbox and WiiU will hold second overall for ages at this pace of sales

really liking gen 8 numbers,long may it continue

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Puppyroach said:
ChudStudly said:

PS3 - X1 (third place)

All last gen, people ragged on PS3 comparing it to PS2. Saying Sony lost all its marketshare and that's how it lost the gen. Compared to MS who increased their market share from the original Xbox. Now that PS4 is starting to gain that marketshare back, we shouldn't compare it to PS3?   You're not going to change peoples minds on this one. People will and should compare PS3 numbers to the growing PS4 numbers.

Puppyroach said:
ChudStudly said:
Puppyroach said:
People should start to compare these sales to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place consoles of the 7th gen, not compare PS4 to PS3 and so on. When you do that instead, the picture is catastrophic at the moment, despite this being a low season.

Global hardware for:

360, June 24 2006: 78, 556

PS3, June 23 2007: 58, 643

PS4, June 31, 2014: 96, 450

Not even sure what point you're trying to make, but it failed.

PS3 - X1 (third place)

Again, no. It's universally accepted that the Wii was an anomaly, not the norm. The people buying the Wii were (mostly) casual gamers (by casual I mean people like grandma) lured in by the then-unique Wiimote and a library of casual shovelware. These individuals moved on to tablets and mobile while your core gamer stuck around. Then the fad passed. This is why people seem to think the market contraction caused by Wii's passing is bad, but it's not at all. It's simply the market returning to normal.

Besides that, the PS4 is now the fastest selling console in history. InHISTORY. I fail to see the problem. Both are greatly outselling the previous gen during the same time period by a great amount.

So again, I fail to see your point.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Puppyroach said:
ChudStudly said:

PS3 - X1 (third place)

All last gen, people ragged on PS3 comparing it to PS2. Saying Sony lost all its marketshare and that's how it lost the gen. Compared to MS who increased their market share from the original Xbox. Now that PS4 is starting to gain that marketshare back, we shouldn't compare it to PS3?   You're not going to change peoples minds on this one. People will and should compare PS3 numbers to the growing PS4 numbers.

Of course people sould compare to PS3 when talking about the growth of the PlayStation brand. However, when talking about generation 8 as a whole, that becomes an invalid comparison.

Blood_Tears said:

PS4 is doing way better than the PS3 . I can gurantee Sony is more concerned with how the PS4 is doing compared to the PS3 as compared to comparing the PS4 to other companies last gen consoles. Not saying you are not aware, but Kitler's great thread sums up all the stuff you guys are discussing the best and it hardly gets any views, or posts every time I beg him to update it. Best thread on vgc.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155389&page=1

ChudStudly said:
Puppyroach said:
ChudStudly said:
Puppyroach said:
People should start to compare these sales to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place consoles of the 7th gen, not compare PS4 to PS3 and so on. When you do that instead, the picture is catastrophic at the moment, despite this being a low season.

Global hardware for:

360, June 24 2006: 78, 556

PS3, June 23 2007: 58, 643

PS4, June 31, 2014: 96, 450

Not even sure what point you're trying to make, but it failed.

PS3 - X1 (third place)

Again, no. It's universally accepted that the Wii was an anomaly, not the norm. The people buying the Wii were (mostly) casual gamers (by casual I mean people like grandma) lured in by the then-unique Wiimote and a library of casual shovelware. These individuals moved on to tablets and mobile while your core gamer stuck around. Then the fad passed. This is why people seem to think the market contraction caused by Wii's passing is bad, but it's not at all. It's simply the market returning to normal.

Besides that, the PS4 is now the fastest selling console in history. InHISTORY. I fail to see the problem. Both are greatly outselling the previous gen during the same time period by a great amount.

So again, I fail to see your point.

At the end of June, Wii will have passed PS4 as the fastest selling console of all time for that timeframe. People need to realize how extremely frontloaded this generation is and how fast it is dropping of. The Wii my have been an anomaly, but can't be excluded from the comparison just because it sold extremely well.

drake_tolu said:

All console less of 100K.
Bad... very, but very bad.

I mean, why would sales be high? Nothing is happening on consoles right now.

chocoloco said:
Blood_Tears said:

PS4 is doing way better than the PS3 . I can gurantee Sony is more concerned with how the PS4 is doing compared to the PS3 as compared to comparing the PS4 to other companies last gen consoles. Not saying you are not aware, but Kitler's great thread sums up all the stuff you guys are discussing the best and it hardly gets any views, or posts every time I beg him to update it. Best thread on vgc.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155389&page=1

Yeah, missed that one completely, he's done an amazing job in that thread! :)