By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Totally into Ariana Grande!

Don't like her voice so I don't listen to her music.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Katy Perry, Miranda Lambert to name a few.

Good choices. I also like the same artists except for Miranda Lambert; never heard any of her music. Other female artists I enjoy listening to are Paramore (Hayley Williams), Adele, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Ellie Goulding, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and a couple of K-Pop/J-Pop artists.

Mirson said:
Ps3 said:

Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Katy Perry, Miranda Lambert to name a few.

Good choices. I also like the same artists except for Miranda Lambert; never heard any of her music. Other female artists I enjoy listening to are Paramore (Hayley Williams), Adele, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Ellie Goulding, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne and a couple of K-Pop/J-Pop artists.

You should check out Miranda, she's pretty cool.  I love Kelly Clarskon, and I do like Adele sometimes! I think Adele is a good singer. Kelly, obviously is a queen.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ariana has no where near a 6 octave range. She may have the ability to sing in the whistle register (which is the sixth octave) but the ability to sing in the sixth or even seventh registers does not mean you have a six octave range. Interestingly, among pop singers, Axl Rose actually has the greatest range (using studio recordings) followed by Mariah Carey (again based purely on studio recordings). Each can hit notes in a range of around five octaves. For some reason, when people hear singers high notes they automatically assume it means they have vast ranges. People also tend to assume that great singing means singing or having the ability to sing in many octaves, however greater range does not equal a greater voice. One of my favourite singers of all time Karen Carpenter had a modest two and a half octave range, but could convey so much emotion through her voice that wailing through the heavens in the sixth and seventh octaves wasn't necessary.

edit - I would like to point out I am in no way disparaging or hating on high singing - in fact a quick glance at my profile will show you that my favourite artist of all time is Mariah Carey. I just wanted to point out that range or lack doesn't define or determine whether a singer is good or not. That anybody here did that! I was just musing about things I'd heard. Just to clarify! :)

^Sticks and stone! Ariana is in Mariah is out!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

I gave her a listen on Spotify...
I like some of her music, but some songs I just couldn't get into.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

eurgh disney
eurgh nickelodean
eurgh teenage singers

Though i've never listened to her so I may be completely wrong to say eurgh.

My next avatar.

Like Mariah, she has a great voice. But also like Mariah, her music sucks.

Good god, the decline of western civilization in a nut shell.