By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

Pristine20 said:
KLXVER said:
Pristine20 said:
Angelus said:
I was tired of the indie boom when it started

^This. I'm yet to see an indie game worth  playing.

There are a few thats definitely worth playing, but most of them seem a bit overhyped imo.

I disagree. Not even the likes of Journey and Braid gave me that "I gotta pick this up" feeling. I just felt a resounding "meh" and that was it. The "retro" one are especially annoying.

Well I really like Mutant Mudds and looking forward to Shovel Knight:)

Around the Network
Angelus said:

this indie games interest me very little and when they do I do not like getting them becaue they are digital.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Pristine20 said:
KLXVER said:
Pristine20 said:
Angelus said:

^This. I'm yet to see an indie game worth  playing.

There are a few thats definitely worth playing, but most of them seem a bit overhyped imo.

I disagree. Not even the likes of Journey and Braid gave me that "I gotta pick this up" feeling. I just felt a resounding "meh" and that was it. The "retro" one are especially annoying.

Most games don't give me that "I gotta pick this up" feeling. What's your point? Should the majority of software releases make you think that?

The retro inspired games are designed to appeal to people who gamed back when those types of game weren't retro.

I don't like every indie game. I don't even like most indie games. However this constant snobbery towards them on the grounds that they are apparetly inferior to "real" games is rather grating.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

KLXVER said:
mornelithe said:
Max King of the Wild said:
No. No reason to ask for LESS. Makes no fucking sense.

Makes me think of people who complain about too many cars in GT.  Since when did too much content become a bad thing?

Well what if they added a cow suddenly appear in front of your car when your racing? Maybe they could add invisible walls in the middle of some tracks. More content FTW!!!

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard 

KLXVER said:
mornelithe said:
No. No reason to ask for LESS. Makes no fucking sense.

Makes me think of people who complain about too many cars in GT.  Since when did too much content become a bad thing?

Well what if they added a cow suddenly appear in front of your car when your racing? Maybe they could add invisible walls in the middle of some tracks. More content FTW!!!

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard 

I agree.

Around the Network

To an extent I agree.

I get particularly annoyed when people employ the already annoying list wars, and populate their lists with (useless from a system sales standpoint) a million indies that may or may not be any good, may or may not be times exclusive, may or may not be capable of running on an Atari 2600, and are just generally designed to pad out the list equivalent of comparing dong size.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Indie games are 99% trash

No, but i am sick of the "early access" boom on steam.

KLXVER said:
Yeah, I agree 100%. For every brilliant indie game there's 2000 shitty ones.

Fixed.

No, i've played many games that resulted from this indie boom and theyve all been great, todays indies all stand a chance of being tomorrows AAA' s or the new employees at todays AAA studios, tomorrow.

Most of peoples hate towards indies is because they somehow see indies as a detriment to gaming rather than an addition.

People are arseholes.