By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, it seems like I'm the only person on the site who doesn't like PH

I didn't like Phantom hourglass either, came across WAAYYY too easy and the clues to solving puzzles felt spoon fed. I felt the control mechanics made certain aspects (like throwing the boomerang) too easy to do, while the trying to do other things (like to move while aiming with the boomerang) became frustratingly impossible

I do however love the multiplayer portion.

Still, I think the game would have done better allowing you to use the dpad to move and the stylus for all your attacks and item usage and stuff. then maybe had the pause screen all mapped to the other buttons (abxy etc)

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

I am playing throught it right now(just got to the isle of the dead). Now to be fair to you if I had my expectation as high as I do for a console Zelda I would not have like it is as much.. But in my opinion it was incredible for a handlheld Zelda. I had Zelda: DX, and one of the oracle games and never beat them or really got into them, I am not too far from completing this one. You just have to remember that it is a handheld, and is designed to pick up and play... thus the easier difficulty, and shorter dungeons.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I beated it and I like it.
I think PH has a clever design for a portable games.
PH is for Link's Awakening what OoT is for A Link to the Past IMHO:

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Sorry but can't agree with the OP. PH was a fantastic experience very charming game.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

I have already beat it and I like ¡t is not the best zelda I’ ve ever play but is a good one(zelda games can’ t suck)btw I hope nintedo atleast make another zelda for the Ds in which they focus on multiplayer more and they make the game harder.

Around the Network

PH is a great game, great controls and visuals... the only Con is the need of revisiting the same dungeon over 5 times...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Yep, seems that I'm the only one...

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

No, you're not alone!

I bought it day 1... I got through the 1st 2 dungeons. And then i quit! Out of boringness!

I liked all the other Zelda games however! Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Zelda the Windwaker. Zelda A Link to the Past. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Zelda: Twilight Princess... I played AND FINISHED them all! Phantom hourglass however!... Not quite so!... I might restart it in the summer and try to finish it though! But for now! You have a soulmate! 

THE NETHERLANDS

You're not the only one, NintendoTogepi. I HATE the game mechanics in which you use the stylus to control Link. I'm still in the beginning area on my game and I haven't touched it in a good while. I asked my mom if I could sell it back to the store (I got it in the bundled Zelda DS Lite, but it says that it's not for resale >_> ).

kingofwale said:
I loooved Phil, I even defended his comment in GDC by saying even though I agree with him, I like the fact he can say what he believes him

but apparently he probably doesn't even believe it, he's just saying that 'cause of his new job's description. Pretty much a promoting his new job while he's still with his old company. THAT is not cool

You honestly didn't make it to the 5th word?