By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Physically unable to beat Contra 4 DS stage 6 boss and mad as hell about it

I just spent about 20-25 minutes without dying trying to beat this damn stage 6 boss in Contra 4 and simply can't do it. You have to rapid fire on this mother f'ing door to close him in on it and holding down fire won't cut it. After a few seconds he pushes it back open.. and repeat. Every joint in my right hand is shot now, sat there and pounded with the index for a few minutes, then the thumb, then index.. Boy that would have made one sad youtube video. Can someone tell me how to beat this guy? Do I need the machine gun or laser? The one guide on the internet suggests you use your standard gun (dodge the bullets, hold on to good weapons till bosses - hey, I made a Contra guide too!) but I can't see how this is. I guess by 23 the old trigger finger is already shot, somebody lend me some sympathy!

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

Around the Network

what difficulty? I haven't beaten it on hard yet so i'm not sure, but even on normal it was difficult to do without getting a better gun. I think you have to shoot one, then the other and switch on and off. I can't remember clearly though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

;)

How is Contra 4 for DS? Does it feel like the old contra?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I am not that far in, I just got this game last week and have been trying to finish Professor Clayton before I focus on Contra 4.

In the brief time I have spent with C4 I can say that it is truly challenging, even more so than the old school arcade and NES & SNES Contra games. This game would bring most of todays "Hardcore Gamers" to tears. I loved the levels I've played through, sounds like boss 6 is gonna be a pain in my @55!

If you like challenging games, pick this up! Konami really delivered both fan service and true old school difficulty with this one!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Just save a machine gun for it. No, you don't need it, but saves the mashing that every other gun would use.

Although I was like you, spent 3 minutes trying to just slow fire it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

It was easy difficulty I couldn't get the job done on. Just turned it off for now. As far as how this game compares to the other Contra game of the past, I'd say the duel screen makes it harder. Still I'm having alot of fun with it. I remember reading before I bought it though that C4 was supposed to contain copies of both the original contra and super contra. Do I need to finish the game first? Anyone else heard that?

-I'll try the machine gun for it when I go back to it Fuzzmosis, thanks.  

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

I've decapitated that skeleton before with the pea shooter, but I've played way to much metal slug/contras + track and field which results in button mashing victoly
for a normal human the machine gun is needed

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just have either homing, spread, machine or practically anything beside your standard pea shooter, this boss is extremely easy to memorize his pattern.

To unlock contra and super contra, you need to beat the game to unlock challenge mode, then beat 4/40 total challenge modes to unlock contra, 8/40 to unlock super contra, more will unlock other goodies such as other characters, comics, interviews, and what not.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA