By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the hell are people disappointed that Destiny is Rated T

Do you believe Destiny should have been Rated M?

Yes 42 19.00%

No 136 61.54%

Results 42 19.00%

Total:220

I know this is a bit of small topic that I pop out, but I really need to know, what's the appeal of rated M games. Don't we already have enough. Halo shouldn't be rated M and Watch Dog (base on what I heard) was never intended to be a rated M game. Its a matter of time til Batman Arkham Knights and the next Uncharted get the rated M treatment. 

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

This is the first I hear about someone being outraged about it. I don't think it really matters, at least not to me.

i actually am happy its rated t we have too many m games :(

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

I don't understand either. People should actually be happt, because this means that the game is accessible to many more consumers, making for a richer gaming community, which is of great importance to these multiplayer titles.
Also, this means that the game has access to a greater variety of advertising outlets, making it much easier to market the game.

People shouldn't be naive, the reason it's rated T is because Activision lobbied for it, for those reasons above.

I could see the political pundits being outraged that it is T since it doesn't fit their agenda to have a game where you use a gun rated anything less than M. Gamers being disappointed though? That sounds like a lot of people who want to validate their own maturity level based on the rating of a video game...

Around the Network

Damn......dem teenagers can buy it without mommy and daddy. This may just hit 15 million after all lol

Personally, I think its weird that a game that involves shooting people in the face is rated T.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Maybe I'm out of the loop but I haven't heard/read any fallout.

I don't care what the rating is, personally. As long as the actual gameplay is mature (read: fully developed) then I don't care how "mature" the content is.

Does anyone seriously care about these rating? I have no idea what the rating are for any game that I play.

Would more profanity or gore make this game any better?

Anyone upset that it's rated T isn't old enough to play rated M.

Because it's not rated M for manly, so your classmates will label you with every homophobic slur under the sun for buying it and rub your face in dogshit.

Its the law of middle-school, i'm afraid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.