By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a feeling: Smash Bros U in 2015, Zelda U in 2016

Hopefully Smash Bros stays 2014. My best with Jizz depends on it.

Around the Network

Nah they'll release when they're supposed to.

Well that would suck if its true. :(
I think only Zelda will be delayed.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

gcube2000 said:
smash u 2014
zelda u 2015

simple as that

I wish I had your confidence.

I just don't see that happening. They are banking on Smash for the holiday. Toad is not a major title. It would be a disaster to delay Smash until after the holiday, and they simply cannot afford to do so.

Around the Network

But I agree that Zelda could be 2016. It just looks so ambitious and massive in scope that it's hard to see it arriving on time. Plus, we already have X in 2015, so there will be at least one major open world game.

Smash will for sure come out this year, however Zelda U will all depend on how much news and gameplay we see between now and next E3, if we see almost nothing than I am expecting a Q1/2 2016 release, however if the game is showed off a lot than I can expect to see a Q4 2015 to release in time for the holiday season.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

They cannot delay it. It is coming this year in November. The amiibo's first game is smash so nintendo needs them plus smash to take the holiday. They have nothing else big enough to be there big holiday title. They may put some of the things that would have pushed the game to 2015 into dlc. This is not the old era. And with nintendo patching in new ways to play like them adding dlc to pikmin and a patch for new controls, this game is coming. The 3ds delay may be more to not stagger the release of the time. This was a winter title for the wii u now its holiday. Meaning thanksgiving week or the week before that.

Pretty sure they rebalanced development efforts to focus less on the 3DS version and more on the Wii U version so they can sell amiibo for Christmas

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Smash is safe. It's pretty much done, just the debugging now.

Zelda... hard to say, but the world and characters shown looked pretty far along in that little look. I think it will be ready.