By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You think AGAIN that XBOX ONE passed Wii U this year? If yes, why?

DarkRPGamer007 said:
They have Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break in the near future. We have Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and maybe Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (not sure when it will be released). Anyway, these "smash" series will help Wii U skyrocket in sales

if your counting quanton break then whe get x that is coming early 2015 also, witch has more weight than quantum break.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Hard to say, but MS is one of the masters at putting on a big advertising blitz. I don't know if it'll happen in 2014, but MS has more of what a modern gaming audience wants. Not to say Nintendo doesn't, but their success hinges more on a much more younger demographic I believe to really get success expected of a company that was no. 1 last gen.

The Wii U is out in a lot more countries than the X1, and has sole 1.7M units in Japan alone...

If you remove it's Japanees sales from the Picture, the X1 has already tied it for units sold despite it only being avaliable in 13 countries (and has already well surpassed the Wii U's sales in NA).

Now I'm not saying that it's launch in other countries this September will close the WW sales gap completely, but it will help a lot, and also, I don't think Wii U will outsell the X1 all summer long.  It is still riding the MK8 & Zelda Anouncement wave, but in a few weels it's sales will settle back down to the usual ~30-40K a week, while the X1 will likely bottem out at ~50k a week.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
FatedReality said:
It depends if Smash actually comes out this year for the Wii U. Xbox One can defiantly catch up this holiday with a Halo bundle this holiday and maybe a $50 price cut if sales don't pick up (another price cut is very unlikely). I have a feeling that because Smash was pushed back on the 3Ds that the same will happen for the Wii U version. This would really hurt Nintendo sense this is there big holiday game.

Cirie was awesome. Totally got robbed in fvf. Terry should have won her original season though. 

Yay a survivor fan!!! I agree Cirie masterminded many of the blindsides in fvf that Parvati in the end got the credit for. Cirie should have defentily won... she was sooo close, if only it was final three rather than final two! I have to disagree about Terry though I think Cirie should have also won that season but if not her Terry deserved to win over Aras.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

man people got banned tons of trees shorten and this all happen while i was out

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

I really am  not so sure anymore.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

FatedReality said:
FatedReality said:
It depends if Smash actually comes out this year for the Wii U. Xbox One can defiantly catch up this holiday with a Halo bundle this holiday and maybe a $50 price cut if sales don't pick up (another price cut is very unlikely). I have a feeling that because Smash was pushed back on the 3Ds that the same will happen for the Wii U version. This would really hurt Nintendo sense this is there big holiday game.

Cirie was awesome. Totally got robbed in fvf. Terry should have won her original season though. 

Yay a survivor fan!!! I agree Cirie masterminded many of the blindsides in fvf that Parvati in the end got the credit for. Cirie should have defentily won... she was sooo close, if only it was final three rather than final two! I have to disagree about Terry though I think Cirie should have also won that season but if not her Terry deserved to win over Aras.

i agree the final three thing really screwed things up. i really was never a fan of fvf. my favorite seasons were amazon, palau, heroes vs villains and gabon. :P 

FatedReality said:
FatedReality said:

i agree the final three thing really screwed things up. i really was never a fan of fvf. my favorite seasons were amazon, palau, heroes vs villains and gabon. :P 

I've just recently got into survivor about a year ago but i've watched every season from 12-28 through Hulu + and have watched season's 6 & 7 on youtube (I kind of got addicted to the show after watching Blood Vs Water!). So far my favorites are Phillipines, Amazon, FvF, Hero vs Villans, and China. 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:

I've just recently got into survivor about a year ago but i've watched every season from 12-28 through Hulu + and have watched season's 6 & 7 on youtube (I kind of got addicted to the show after watching Blood Vs Water!). So far my favorites are Phillipines, Amazon, FvF, Hero vs Villans, and China. 

seriously?? wow. i got into in season 2 back in spring 2001. i used to record them on vhs up until amazon. survivor was a huge part of my childhood ( i was 10 when survivor 1 aired and i watched the finale which hooked me completely). around the russel era (samoa and hvv) me and my friends used to get really drunk and play survivor haha. vote eachother out and lie and backstab, it was so much fun. we are all a little bit older now and dont have as many opportunities to do it though. we are all huge survivor fans. and yeah, phillipines was one of the best recent ones.

if you like survivor, trust me on this, watch big brother. you will absolutely love that show. watch big brother 8. you will absolutely not be disappointed, i promise. i recommend bb8 first because its the best season to hook you into it and learn how the show works. if you watch bb8 and you like it, go back to big brother 2 and watch them all in order from there. 

big brother is an amazing show. i had somebody tell me about it in 2010 and im so glad they did. there are seasons on that show that are way better than any survivor season. you will love it.

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

I'm actually starting to think the X1 maybe doomed. I think the PS4 stole its thunder.