By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

Hynad said:

Aaannnnnnnnnnd the same applies to Nintendo games. K. Thx. Bye.

His argument is that Mario 64 is the same as Mario World is the same as Mario Kart, because Mario. Get it now?

Because I don't.

Around the Network

Man, you must really hate Madden/Fifa, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Uncharted, Gears, Halo, Infamous, God of War and every other game that has ever had multiple installments if you despise Nintendo that much.

I can't even imagine how much you must hate Sony; Microsoft, EA, Activision, etc. as well...

RCTjunkie said:
FragilE^ said:
Why is this thread even allowed to live? Kill it already o.o

While mods usually kill threads like this, they allow ones that have taken off to semi-decently behaved debates to continue, allowing the mass to be in awe of such like it's an intense GoT scene.

I can see that, I guess. And Mr. Khan stepping in and clarifying as well, pretty nice.

OP's arguments boil down to "Nintendo games suck, because reasons." And then a ton of clever people destroyed those reasons, and OP replies "They(the games) don't appeal to me, therefore I am still 100% correct."

People here are at least very well beheaved and often provide well written and well thought out arguments. Happy arguing, I guess :)

Nothing destroyed here FragilE^

My opinion wont change about how bad I think Mario and friends games are. I will buy other Nintendo games that looks better. (as long as there is no Mario and friends in it)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Carl2291 said:

That doesnt really matter because Final Fantasy games generally have the same gameplay philosophy much like Mario games, Pokémon games, Zelda games and so on. Unless of course, your only real complaint is that you dont like the character design of Mario/ Luigi, Zelda/ Link, Pikachu/ Whatever.

You dont see Mario in every Nintendo title. You don't see Link in every Nintendo title. You don't see Kirby in every Nintendo title. You don't see Pikachu in every Nintendo title. You will see them in games that require them. Mario Kart has always been a "get together" of popular Nintendo characters, so naturally it will feature characters from across a number of different games and genres. Same goes for Smash Bros.

The main thing you need to look at here is that Nintendo don't spam these games out. You get one Mario Kart per gen, per-platform. You get one Smash Bros. per gen (shifting to per-platform).

Now that I have your attention, look at this what you said -

How on Earth can you call them over-rated?

They review well with critics, they sell extremely well over and over again and they continue to be key IP for Nintendo. What is over rated about them, if they continue to sell Millions and Millions with each passing release while constantly picking up high scoring reviews and awards?

This links back to the whole Final Fantasy thing. What makes Final Fantasy different to Zelda, Pokémon or Mario other than the point that Final Fantasy sometimes introducing a new cast of characters?

Of course, my complaint is that there is too many Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and not enough fresh new things like X. X as a matter of my opinion, looks so much better than Mario games.

Its fine if you don't like my criticism, but let me make myself clear. The difference between games like Final Fantasy, against Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon is clear as day for me. The storyline, action, graphics, progression, and characters is all better. The story is what makes Final Fantasy. The best thing is that the characters is always different. (unless its a sequel like the FF13 series). Mario in the other hand, all they do is throw in the same characters and a new plot, and upgrade graphics for the new nintendo console. I can almost guarantee you a new Mario is in the works. spoiler: Princess is going to get kidnapped again.

Perhaps you could read a good book instead of playing Final Fantasy if you like stories that much. Japanese RPGs are tailor made for teenagers, it is like listening to Linkin Park. The characters are always young people who fight weak enemies at the start of the game, and end up being ridiculously overpowered people who can even kill god or a god at the end of the game, during the game you have teenage drama between the characters.

All mainline Mario games except World (similar to Bros 3) and Galaxy 2 (similar to Galaxy) have been very different from their predecessors, and Bros 3 and Galaxy 2 in spite of that are seen as masterpieces generally. It is true that the New super Mario Bros games are rehashes, but the mainline ones are excellent (Bros 1, 2, 3, World, 64,Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3d World) and not that many since 1986.

It seems like you people don't realize shooters have been the most popular genre for a decade and a half, their period of dominance will be or already is longer that the dominance platformers had till the late 90s. But you surely don't seem to be getting tired of games that have for cover art a white man in this 30s or 40s with brown hair holding a firearm.

I own Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and it doesn't feel like a rehash to me because since the mid 90s 2d platformers with high budgets have been very few, the last ones I can think of are the first Rayman and Casltevania SON from 1996-1997

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:

It seems like you people don't realize shooters have been the most popular genre for a decade and a half, their period of dominance will be or already is longer that the dominance platformers had till the late 90s. But you surely don't seem to be getting tired of games that have for cover art a white man in this 30s or 40s with brown hair holding a firearm.

I'll fill you in on a detail you missed in the OP. I don't like CoD stuff either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think you should probably just move on completely from Nintendo since nothing is going to change in this regard. Personally I would move on from Nintendo if they stopped making mario kart, zelda, mario games ect. These games are premium content and I prefer long standing franchises to new ip's.  Every once in a while a new ip will be amazing and it will be added to my list of franchises I love. Uncharted was able to do that and Gears of War, Halo, ect. I could really see Destiny joining the club. Calling Zelda and Mario games mediocre is just your opinion but not one that is consitant with neutral sources. Like I said I feel you should just move on because you're not going to get what you want and there are plenty of companies doing the thing that you prefer so you should support those companies.

cunger said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think you should probably just move on completely from Nintendo since nothing is going to change in this regard. Personally I would move on from Nintendo if they stopped making mario kart, zelda, mario games ect. These games are premium content and I prefer long standing franchises to new ip's.  Every once in a while a new ip will be amazing and it will be added to my list of franchises I love. Uncharted was able to do that and Gears of War, Halo, ect. I could really see Destiny joining the club. Calling Zelda and Mario games mediocre is just your opinion but not one that is consitant with neutral sources. Like I said I feel you should just move on because you're not going to get what you want and there are plenty of companies doing the thing that you prefer so you should support those companies.

I don't have anything to support this claim but I think its unfortunate that people support Mario and friends more than they do for new IPs. I don't like Nintendo for reusing Mario and friends, but it wont force me abandon them. I will support the new IPs, just not all the Marios.

Dur dey only make same gamez. Let me put Final Fantasy 67 in my avatar and sig

Ryudo said:
Dur dey only make same gamez. Let me put Final Fantasy 67 in my avatar and sig

You go do that. Let me see it.