By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, when is a RE2 remake coming to Wii?

I think it's just a matter of time now. Resident Evil 2 is arguably the most beloved game in the series, and I have a good feeling it's coming to Wii in remake form.

Wii owners can keep begging Capcom to port RE5, but I'm not sure they'll ever convince them. If ever it were to happen, it would be a year after the original launch. The next best thing Capcom can do to appease fans is remake RE2.

So, what do fans want? A REmake-like remake (lol that sounds dumb)? Or RE4 camera angles, interactive action scenes, and the trademark puzzles? A mix of both would be absolute Nirvana for me. To be honest, I don't care how they remake it, I just want another RE game!!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Well it's pretty obvious that there will be an umbrella chronicles sequel that covers 2, 4 and 5.

So that's the first way Wii owners will experience RE 2

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

When people who didn't know re5 was coming to the wii start to figure it out and complain.

I would be awsome if they did make it but I think they'll stick to spin offs for now even after UC 2

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

@ Stof: I can live with that U.C. is a really fun game in coop!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

yeah wii owners should get over it, RE5 will never come to the wii...have you seen the screen shots? no way that could be done on the wii. but they will get other great games to satiate their RE fantasies

I don't think we will get a remake of RE2. But, if we did, I would like to see it a bit more action heavy with the RE4 camera angles. Of course, everything else should stay the same, just need some more zombies to shoot at. The original RE2 would also make one sweet unlockable.

Brawl FC: 0774-3927-9239

"Do you think you could get any more spittle on those fishy lips of yours?" All characters depicted are really stupid and disgusting. Any similarities to actual persons would be really sad.

DarkNight_DS said:
@ Stof: I can live with that U.C. is a really fun game in coop!

I hope so because it wasn't that fun in single player...not to mention RE4 looked better. I cheated for the story, though. I only played RE1 and RE4. It's nice to get up with with Wesker.

xenophon13 said:
yeah wii owners should get over it, RE5 will never come to the wii...have you seen the screen shots? no way that could be done on the wii. but they will get other great games to satiate their RE fantasies

Read the topic much?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I don't know if it will happen, but I've predicted in several threads that an RE:2 remake will be announced at E3 and hit in the fall (to make the 10 year anniversary).