By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

Teeqoz said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Zekkyou said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

68k + 103k= 171k

99k+31k=130k

??

Sonys HW sales:

ps4 99k

ps3 50k

psv 31k

psp 12k

total: 192k

nintendo HW sales:

3ds 103k

Wii U 68k

Wii ~6k

total: 177k

192>177

oh ok i only thought 8th gen numbers

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Great hold for Wii U.

I was expecting ps4 bellow 100k on the 21th june chart. guess it came earlier.

Terrible for xone. this was the pricecut week, right?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
starcraft said:
cycycychris said:

Really bad numbers for Xbone, I mean really bad. A kinectless bundle did nothing! who knows why the PS4 had a big drop like that. The Wii U kind of sadly low right now, I was hoping to would staying higher for a longer period of time but hopefully the baseline is not far away. 3DS barely holding on. Kind of sad the drop it has had. Vita still doing terrible in the West. I really want to believe these should be very accurate numbers since how long it took to post them.

Also what's up with that random fishing game on the Wii that showed up on the USA chart.

Sales nearly doubled?

I think most people were expecting like over 100k(he most likely thought that too) so he isnt impressed since its not what he predicted but it still doubled

While, technically, it did nearly double. Let's not forget the fact that the announcement of the 399 SKU may have most likely cannibalized the sales of the week prior. Not only padding this week's sales, it also decreased the prior one's making seem like a significant jump. A more accurate comparison would be average weekly sales within the last quarter.

Go PSP pass the GBA for the first non-nintendo handheld to beat any Nintendo handheld! Seriously that's a pretty big deal when you think about it and will probably never happen again.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

So the Wii U fell from 91k to 68k this week. I wonder how much it will drop off next week. X1 should most likely be ahead of it then as a new baseline will be established at the $399.99 rate.

Around the Network

So did 100k plus people bring back there PS4?  It says 99k this week with graph showing 8.1 million, but last week it said 8.2 million.  Iam confused...

OfficerRaichu15 said:
starcraft said:

Sales nearly doubled?

I think most people were expecting like over 100k(he most likely thought that too) so he isnt impressed since its not what he predicted but it still doubled

Nah, there was a thread with a poll for anticipated sales.  There were hundreds of votes for the lowest option, and hundreds for the highest (100k) as fanboys of both flavours came out to play.  Most sensible people pegged it about where it is at.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The PS4 needs games in Japan badly.

X1 sales would be a disaster welll beyond all the doomed expectations if true

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
X1 sales would be a disaster welll beyond all the doomed expectations if true

X1 usually gets corrected downward in 2014 on vgc.