By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs - My Rant on Ubisoft

Tagged games:

naruball said:
sales2099 said:

Gamers can be such drama queens sometimes.

OP: For a Master Race, the PC crowd is often subjected to the whims (and limitations) of console races lol

Quoted for truth.

The nerd rage is so over the top, it's not even funny. I would maybe understand it if the game was so broken that it was unplayable, but crying over this? Personally, apart from the times that a game doesn't work (I'm looking at you, Destiny of Spirits), I could not care less. I skip the game and move to something better. No one is forcing us to buy anything. That's the product they are selling. If you watch gameplay videos and are happy to buy the game for whatever it's worth, I don't see the reason to complain with such over the top name calling.

And yet you quoted someone using over the top namecalling, way to completely render your point moot.

At least PC has modders to clean up the bullshit developers leave in their wake.  As a PC/Console owner though, it's more alarming from a console standpoint, because we have no way of knowing exactly how much is being left out due to 'parity' among just the consoles.  But yeah, just because they've shown a consistent tendency to do it to one platform, doesn't at all mean it could happen on console, right? 

/s

I really don't understand why people cackle with glee over this, and don't see the bigger picture.  This could, and very likely is already occurring across consoles, just because we're ignorant of that, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
dahuman said:
JazzB1987 said:

Where are the car reflections? wtf.

I mean why can I not see car reflections on the wet street. Not why dont cars reflect lights etc.
Not criticizing the mod but Ubisoft for just forgetting something like that.

I'm hoping they can add that in with an updated version, 0.7 is still beta status, they are currently working on 0.8 and 1.0 is suppose to be the non beta, I'm just glad I started playing Mario Kart 8 days after I got Watch Dogs on Steam so I can just play the nice modded version later, sigh.....

mornelithe said:
naruball said:
sales2099 said:

Gamers can be such drama queens sometimes.

OP: For a Master Race, the PC crowd is often subjected to the whims (and limitations) of console races lol

Quoted for truth.

The nerd rage is so over the top, it's not even funny. I would maybe understand it if the game was so broken that it was unplayable, but crying over this? Personally, apart from the times that a game doesn't work (I'm looking at you, Destiny of Spirits), I could not care less. I skip the game and move to something better. No one is forcing us to buy anything. That's the product they are selling. If you watch gameplay videos and are happy to buy the game for whatever it's worth, I don't see the reason to complain with such over the top name calling.

And yet you quoted someone using over the top namecalling, way to completely render your point moot.

Not really though. What Sales said is not over the top name calling. The language used referring to Ubisoft employers on the other hand, is. Ubisoft has the right to release the game looking any way they want. As long as they are not advertising it with recent gameplay videos looking better than what it actually looks like, I see no issue here. Are the graphics not good enough for you? Cool. Don't buy the game. They can limit their game in any way they want (as long as it's still working).

If Ms were to pay EA to make Titanfall xb1 look exactly like the 360 version, I'd still have no problem and would not call them names. It's their decision to do so and yours to avoid their games if you think they don't look good enough.

naruball said:

Not really though. What Sales said is not over the top name calling. The language used referring to Ubisoft employers on the other hand, is. Ubisoft has the right to release the game looking any way they want. As long as they are not advertising it with recent gameplay videos looking better than what it actually looks like, I see no issue here. Are the graphics not good enough for you? Cool. Don't buy the game. They can limit their game in any way they want (as long as it's still working).

If Ms were to pay EA to make Titanfall xb1 look exactly like the 360 version, I'd still have no problem and would not call them names. It's their decision to do so and yours to avoid their games if you think they don't look good enough.

Oh, I see, so your choice to ignore the clear and damaging trend this is setting, trumps that of people who have an objection to it?  I see, hypocrisy noted, carry on.

mornelithe said:
naruball said:

Oh, I see, so your choice to ignore the clear and damaging trend this is setting, trumps that of people who have an objection to it?  I see, hypocrisy noted, carry on.

Yeah, someone has a different opinion than mine. Must be a "hypocrite". Makes sense. Carry on.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Yeah, someone has a different opinion than mine. Must be a "hypocrite". Makes sense. Carry on.

No, it's hypocrisy to decry name calling, while calling people names.  Nerd for example, or in Sales instance, Drama Queen.  But yeah, glaze over that if you like, makes total sense.  You're entitled to your opinion about parity, that's not what I was commenting on, which is clearly iterated in my response.

These comparisons are a bit silly. Simply enabling the settings Ubisoft left disabled does not have a massive impact on the visuals. And most importantly it does not unlock the e3 2012 version...explosions are still not like they were in the initial trailer.

The second video seems to be heavily modded (or should i say edited), with a much darker, richer colour scheme. That can have a huge impact on the look of the game similar to what was done with Skyrim.

That was obviously a design decision. When he does a blackout in the second vid you cant see shit. Yeah it looks great but i mean really?

The first video is also not a like for like comparison...so not sure what they are trying to achieve with that video.

Yes Ubi was wrong to do what they did, but considering the minimal impact it has on visuals i would say people are overreacting.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Graphic whores.... graphic whores everywhere. The game is fully playable, and looks good. I dont know whats the issue here...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

mornelithe said:
naruball said:

No, it's hypocrisy to decry name calling, while calling people names.  Nerd for example, or in Sales instance, Drama Queen.  But yeah, glaze over that if you like, makes total sense.  You're entitled to your opinion about parity, that's not what I was commenting on, which is clearly iterated in my response.

And here's why this is not hypocricy. There's a difference between name calling and over the top/uncalled for name calling. I was referring to the latter. You can call them unprofessional (that would be name calling), but "mother fuckers"? That's way over the line for not offering better graphics. Had the game been unplaybale and they didn't release a patch for it for weeks, dahuman's comment would make more sense (despite how rude it is to begin with).

Had he respectfully shown his distress over the graphics, Sales' comment would have been out of place and uncalled for. "Mother fuckers" is crossing the line. Again, had Sales called him a "mother fucker" (or anything out of line) and I agreed with/quoted him and complained about him name calling Ubisoft, then I would be a hypocrite.