By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Much Will Xbox One lead Wii U by the End of the Year?

I still hold on to my prediction!

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

I say at least 2 million. Wii U will hit around 9 million by years end. Xbox One should be at 11-13 million.

You are making a huge assumption thinking that the Xbox One will overtake the WiiU.  Based on recent numbers, that ain't happening.  Sorry.

We already saw a huge bump in hardware sales with MK8...and Smash Bros. will also give it a huge bump.  Conversely, I don't see ANY sales bump happening with Sunset Overhype or Halo regurgitated.

Wii U up by at aleast a million. 

toastboy44562 said:

Ok... without offenses... why?

XBOX ONE: 4,600,000

Wii U: 6,400,000

The gap is 1,800,000.

Wii U sell 68,000, XBOX ONE 64,000.

Wii U will sell more in July thanks the Japan bundle with Wii Sport club, and because MK8 effect continue.

In Augost thanks Hyrule Warriors, and maybe Bayonetta2.

The gap will increase to 1,9-2 milion.

For you XBOX ONE sell 2,000,000 more? So, they must sell 4,000,000 more...

Can XBOX ONE sell 4,000,000 more of Wii U in 3 month, despite Super Smash Bros coming?

I doubt it...

drake_tolu said:
toastboy44562 said:

Ok... without offenses... why?

XBOX ONE: 4,600,000

Wii U: 6,400,000

The gap is 1,800,000.

Wii U sell 68,000, XBOX ONE 64,000.

Wii U will sell more in July thanks the Japan bundle with Wii Sport club, and because MK8 effect continue.

In Augost thanks Hyrule Warriors, and maybe Bayonetta2.

The gap will increase to 1,9-2 milion.

For you XBOX ONE sell 2,000,000 more? So, they must sell 4,000,000 more...

Can XBOX ONE sell 4,000,000 more of Wii U in 3 month, despite Super Smash Bros coming?

I doubt it...

Wow you ended this thread lol... That was seriously complete ownage in the most literal way. I kinda already said I think the Wii U will actually grow it's lead.. but I didn't know why I thought that exactly.. i just had a feeling.. but holy cow you said it so beyond perfect... You are absolutely correct and all of that is very likely to happen in that same way... Heck I think the X One didn't boost hardly at all first week after its price cut.. next week it will fall even more and soon back to a distant 3rd in the current gen.. I think it's right on the turning point and it is going to go further into a rut. I have a whole lot of reasons that are for a different thread. 

Around the Network

Xbox one wont be in the lead by end off year lol! Why would you even think that?

rik said:
Xbox one wont be in the lead by end off year lol! Why would you even think that?

It won't in 2015 either.

Wii U will lead by at least 1 mil

No, not this year. This could take as long as the 360/PS3 gap.

Arkaign said:
rik said:

It won't in 2015 either.

I don't see why people seem to think this when X1 has been outselling the Wii U all year despite not being avaliable WW.  If you take away the Wii U's Japan numbers alone then the X1 has sold the same amount as the Wii U.

The MK8 effect will continue for a few more weeks, but it's not going to save the system, and there is too big of a gap between the Wii U's next system seller (Smash Bros.) to keep it's sales momentum going all throughout the fall.  

Once September hits, the X1 will gain momentum that will carry through all throughout the holidays

September:

-Forza Horizon

-Dance Central Spotlight

-Launch Japan, China, & many more countries

October:

-Sunset Overdrive

-Fantasia Music Evolved

November:

-Halo MCC

-CoD Advanced Warfare

December:

-Halo 5 Beta