By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it tell us when Mario kart 8 had a better hold than Watch Dogs PS4 in its second week? 3 weeks now!

Mario Kart 8 is a well known ip on a console where only first party games sell well and continue selling. It'll sell better. Right now though, Watch Dogs is at 1.79m while Mario Kart 8 is at 1.4m.

Around the Network

it tells us that Mario Kart 8 has better legs and Nintendo games usually are in the top of the charts for a long time

Carl2291 said:
Japan.

Watch Dogs is ahead by 2k in USA and ahead by 20k in Europe. Watch Dogs hasnt released in Japan.

Japan isn't going to help it that much. Japan doesn't care for a game like Watch Dogs... it's a western game.

gcube2000 said:

Japan isn't going to help it that much. Japan doesn't care for a game like Watch Dogs... it's a western game.

That doesnt really matter. I just answered the question in the title.

It also tells us that had Mario and Watch Dogs launched at the same time, Mario would've lost opening week by nearly 400K, on PS4 alone. I recall last week everyone complaining that you can't compare Watch Dogs FW to Mario FW, because Mario FW only included 2 days. Funny how the song changes when we're in WD's 2nd week, and the end of Mario's 1st (and yet Mario's still behind).

Around the Network

Mario kart 8 will have beastly legs, and will get huge sales because of the bundle. Watch_dogs sales will be incredibly but will be heavily more front loaded than Mario Kart 8

mii-gamer said:
Mario kart 8 will have beastly legs, and will get huge sales because of the bundle. Watch_dogs sales will be incredibly but will be heavily more front loaded than Mario Kart 8

yeah, but the bundles are limited and already discontinued

It's..only because of Japan
WD beat MK8 in the other regions

Also ps4 owners have other games to buy...

I didn't buy WD

chriscox1121 said:
mii-gamer said:

They are not limited edition bundles! Where on earth did you get that from?

mii-gamer said:
chriscox1121 said:
mii-gamer said:

They are not limited edition bundles! Where on earth did you get that from?

I work at Target and they are, they are already discontinued.  Been sold out for a while and were not getting anymore.