By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wind Waker the most under-appreciated Zelda game?

Not by a longshot. I think Link's Awakening and Zelda II are both far more underappricated/under-recognized, and IMO they're both much better games than WW or MM.

Around the Network

Back when the game came out I would have said yes, but now I think WW is actually one of the most loved ones in the series (along side Ocarina of Time). 

Nintendo and PC gamer

I was 10 years ago(all that cartonish meltdown) but now it's one of the most loved ones.

It was, but now Skyward Sword is. In a few years people will be paying big bucks for a decent used copy online.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Wind Waker has always been my favorite.

Around the Network

I don't like the whole cell shading thing, I am happy it did not last too long as a trend!

I must say that of the 3D Zelda games I only truly played Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.. I am one of those who would like a more realistic (well kind of) Link, maybe the Zelda U trade off is a good balance between the styles, as it seems to be great.

We shall see when it gets released.

It had an initial bad reception upon its reveal, because of a Tech demo presented years early of fight between Ganondorf and Link.

It was a similar paradigm to 2011 Tech demo/Zelda U, with the difference that this time people were happy about what they saw. Maybe the market is more mature now.

Honestly this is the first time i am playing WW (got it with MK8) and it is already a competitor to be my favorite game of all time. I still needs to end it though, and people say the last quest is the down point of the game.
A Masterpiece nevertheless.

Don't know but it is by far my favorite.

Personally, I thought the story wasn't as compelling as other Zelda games, it was the slowest paced of the zelda games, and the easiest to beat. It seemed aimed towards a much younger audience, the way Episode 1 of Star Wars was.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Yea i hate this game.