By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Generation of Platform Bias

FrontlineJaguar said:
Nintentacle said:
I wouldn't call it platform bias, Titanfall was advertised as an Xbox One game, so people bought it for Xbox One. Watch Dogs was advertised for PlayStation console, PlayStation got the most sales. Simple logic.

This is platform bias. Most of the events had Watch Dogs running on PS4, and it was a multi-platform game so why advertise it for Ps4 (money) so what do you call this platform bias. Titanfall can be considered exception because it was available for only Xbox aand Pc so it may not be platform bias. But ads for Xbox one only is platform bias

i think we should call that "console bias" as it is biased towards one xbox console. I invented a new word OMG! I'm so proud of myself!

Around the Network
FrontlineJaguar said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
Nintentacle said:
I wouldn't call it platform bias, Titanfall was advertised as an Xbox One game, so people bought it for Xbox One. Watch Dogs was advertised for PlayStation console, PlayStation got the most sales. Simple logic.

This is platform bias. Most of the events had Watch Dogs running on PS4, and it was a multi-platform game so why advertise it for Ps4 (money) so what do you call this platform bias. Titanfall can be considered exception because it was available for only Xbox aand Pc so it may not be platform bias. But ads for Xbox one only is platform bias

Thats just like saying advertising and sponsorship = bias.

Thats obvious and thats the whole point of advertising and sponsorships.

But it is misleading for average consumer, I was at a game store few days back and a man came and asked for Watch Dogs on ps3, I asked him why was he buying it on ps3, he answered I own Xbox 360, One, Ps3  but I am buying it own Ps3 because he thought it was exclusive I told him he was wrong and we both got in a debate, I told him it was only exclusive content. He then agree's with me and buys Xbox One version. So the question is why he did he  even thought game was exclusive.

but you have to consider 2 facts which will never change

1) platforms holders will advertise games.

2) they will not advertise for the competitor.

Its down to the consumers to do their research.

Anyway, if he had all 3 systems, so what if he bought it on PS3? And assuming he only had MS consoles, I highly doubt he would never find out that he could play the game on a MS platform.

This is all big news once Sony starts doing it. Microsoft was doing the whole pretend exclusive all last gen by getting the first game in a series as a timed exclusive or timed DLC on a lot of major franchises. Lately there's been a lot of vocal Xbox fans starting to bash Sony when they come in and do the same? Talk about a bunch hypocrites.

I would say that WD was biased for PS, but Titanfall was expected. PC game sales aren't high, so of course X1 would exceed it. And the 360 version was highly regarded as an inferior version for people that couldn't afford the real men's game. Like that. Cross gen titles are selling much better on PS4 and X1 simply because a lot of people don't want to buy the worse version and will rather wait to get a new console. I'm skipping WD, MGS5, LBP3, Wolfenstein, Destiny and others simply because I prefer to buy them one year later on PS4 than getting the PS3 version.

I was looking in the Wal-mart sales paper the other day and saw an ad for the PS4. This ad did not mention that I can buy the PS4 on Amazon, so it's a pretend exclusive. I'm outraged that Wal-mart is not advertising for Amazon.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
Nintentacle said:

Thats just like saying advertising and sponsorship = bias.

Thats obvious and thats the whole point of advertising and sponsorships.

But it is misleading for average consumer, I was at a game store few days back and a man came and asked for Watch Dogs on ps3, I asked him why was he buying it on ps3, he answered I own Xbox 360, One, Ps3  but I am buying it own Ps3 because he thought it was exclusive I told him he was wrong and we both got in a debate, I told him it was only exclusive content. He then agree's with me and buys Xbox One version. So the question is why he did he  even thought game was exclusive.

but you have to consider 2 facts which will never change

1) platforms holders will advertise games.

2) they will not advertise for the competitor.

Its down to the consumers to do their research.

Anyway, if he had all 3 systems, so what if he bought it on PS3? And assuming he only had MS consoles, I highly doubt he would never find out that he could play the game on a MS platform.

See he never knew about watch dogs until he saw an advt in a magazine which only had Ps3 adn PS4 as the only platforms mentioned, he came to the store and asked for watch dogs on ps3 I knew he owned Xbox One so I simply asked him thats it.